Cookeville 2015

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know how I feel about offers, and Smyrna doesn't have the size CHS has. Plus I will take CHS's staff over the one in Smyrna.

Legit commitable offers tell more about players than any film or ranking service. If a 3 star has offers from every SEC team and 80% of the South I'd rather have him than a 4 star with one or two big offers and the rest consisting from teams such as MTSU, etc. 

Oh nobody said Gallatin wasn't any good. We know they'll have the athletes, they always do. We've scrimmaged Gallatin every year for the past several so they kinda know each other somewhat. 

It'll be a good test for both teams. But unless one team gets absolutely blown out I'm not too concerned about the final score. We'll be playing a lot of guys, trying to finalize who the starting QB will be, and make sure we come out of it healthy. That's just the way Coach Maynord does in the Jamborees.

Hopefully BOTH teams are 100% healthy at the end of the night.

Cavs have looked really good so far this fall. Went up to Farragut last week & after a slow start, handled them pretty easily. 5-2 with the 1's.

Couldn't go today, couldn't get off work. But there's one thing you can count on with Coach Maynord. These scrimmages are all just glorified practice sessions. He doesn't go in there to try to win (so to speak), he works on stuff. Gets everybody in. So you really can't take a lot from them. Even does that in Jamborees to a certain extent.

And yes UCM, this is probably the most "talented" team Cookeville has had since 2005, maybe more so, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But do they have the HEART of the '05 team with Wolf, Hennigan etc? That's what made them great and that remains to be seen with this bunch. I hope they do.

I think this Maynord coached team will have heart, and yes Wolf and Hennigan were good ball players but they are not at the level Angel and Vic are. Plus the next three to four players CHS this year I think sre more athletic than what CHS had back in 2005. Line play was good in 2005, but this years version looks bigger. Time will tell if they are as intense as that 2005 bunch was up front.

Oh nobody said Gallatin wasn't any good. We know they'll have the athletes, they always do. We've scrimmaged Gallatin every year for the past several so they kinda know each other somewhat.

It'll be a good test for both teams. But unless one team gets absolutely blown out I'm not too concerned about the final score. We'll be playing a lot of guys, trying to finalize who the starting QB will be, and make sure we come out of it healthy. That's just the way Coach Maynord does in the Jamborees.

Hopefully BOTH teams are 100% healthy at the end of the night.

I agree. Nobody is putting stock in a final score it is all about depth and seeing what schemes will work. Getting the boys under the lights for a game like atmosphere just for preparation. I am sure every kid on both sides will see playing time. The more reps for the younger guys the better. Hopefully both sides will come out healthy and a little bit better after Friday night.

"Line play was good in 2005, but this years version looks bigger. Time will tell if they are as intense as that 2005 bunch was up front."

That's the key right there.

This is as big as we've been on the line in years, there's no doubt about that.

As intense? As tough? We'll see. I hope so.

Edited by THE SQUAD

I agree. Nobody is putting stock in a final score it is all about depth and seeing what schemes will work. Getting the boys under the lights for a game like atmosphere just for preparation. I am sure every kid on both sides will see playing time. The more reps for the younger guys the better. Hopefully both sides will come out healthy and a little bit better after Friday night.

Agree 100%