Liberty @ Henry County

SEC1rules

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything I read, the program will continue to roll on as solid as it has always been.

I was just a bit surprised that no one has even questioned the possibility of their being some type of impact.

I expect HC will be just as well trained, strong, and disciplined as always.

But it takes a special skill set to be able to call the offense on Friday night.

Play calling may be what makes the difference in a game with new coaches on both sides this Friday Night.

Good Luck

Edited by Pilgrim

I know forums like this are for fans to express their opinions (sorry Facts Only) and support their teams, but I find it amusing that over excited fans will predict 'this year no one will stop our RB' or 'our D will not give up 14 pts in any game' when the only thing they base it on is seeing a couple of qtrs of a jamboree or a scrimmmage of their team, and not seeing anything on an opponent. And both sides honestly think the same thing - come late friday night, someone was wrong and someone was right.

And when they compare previous years QB or RB or defenses to the current one. (yes i do this too --- Jordan? or Kobe? or LeBron?,,,,,,,,,,in case your are wondering,,,, it's Jordan).

That being said, Liberty has traditionally had a very good and athletic team as has HC. I expect this game to be close and exciting, and i think both teams will have a good understanding of where they are come Saturday morning. Gonna be fun.

20 pts will win this one - cause I saw a few plays of the Jamboree.

I have heard the players on Liberty to watch are QB, RB and Safety

Just trying to keep it real.

GO BIG RED.

There is something comedic about grown men staking such confidence in a group of teenagers. You won't find that in many places in life besides a football field.

I would rather someone have an opinion than not, though. Enjoy it now while there's opposing fans to banter with. I'll miss it when there's nothing to talk about when we play the Clarksville schools (except CHS and possibly Rossview).

From everything I read, the program will continue to roll on as solid as it has always been.

I was just a bit surprised that no one has even questioned the possibility of their being some type of impact.

I expect HC will be just as well trained, strong, and disciplined as always.

But it takes a special skill set to be able to call the offense on Friday night.

Play calling may be what makes the difference in a game with new coaches on both sides this Friday Night.

Good Luck

Pilgrim, your questions regarding the coaching change are very reasonable ones to ask. I think HC fans' lack of talking about it is because of the simple fact that this wasn't your "typical" coaching change.

For the last five years, Counce Jr has been our assistant head coach, strength and conditioning coach, worked closely with the O-line, and has ran our offseason program. He's always been a favorite among players and it has always shown in how they respond to him during practices and games.

Now I would never try to diminish the accomplishments of his dad, because that would be very foolish of me, but I am in agreement with those who say they see relatively little change. His coordinators, though new, have been with the program for years as have most of the rest of the staff. He played under his dad here at HC and then coached alongside him at Dyersburg, MBA, and now here for the last 5 years. He's learned from one of the very best and now has a chance to carve out a legacy of his own.

Time will tell, but I think he will do well.

Edited by MSURacer

Just wondering.

No one has addressed the issue of the coaching change in HC.

What type of impact does the HC faithful think it will have?

I'm not looking for a negative critique, but there has to be some impact for better or worse.

Young Counce coached with his dad at both Dyersburg and MBA  and under him for four years at Henry County including two state championship years. The new DC served under Counce Sr. at Dyersburg as DC and has coached here on the defensive side since Counce's return. The new OC has been back here to his alma mater for four years after serving at head coaching positions  at high grade schools in Georgia. The new running back coach has coaching experience at both the high school and collegiate level. The new line coach has  coached in West Tennessee after playing at Ole Miss..We are fortunate to have this group and I don't expect them to miss a beat ( can't overlook the LB coach with 20+ tears experience, a defensive end coach with SEC and NFL experience, and a WR coach with extensive experience. Our Freshman coach is no slouch either)

.  GO BIG RED

Young Counce coached with his dad at both Dyersburg and MBA  and under him for four years at Henry County including two state championship years. The new DC served under Counce Sr. at Dyersburg as DC and has coached here on the defensive side since Counce's return. The new OC has been back here to his alma mater for four years after serving at head coaching positions  at high grade schools in Georgia. The new running back coach has coaching experience at both the high school and collegiate level. The new line coach has  coached in West Tennessee after playing at Ole Miss..We are fortunate to have this group and I don't expect them to miss a beat ( can't overlook the LB coach with 20+ tears experience, a defensive end coach with SEC and NFL experience, and a WR coach with extensive experience. Our Freshman coach is no slouch either)

.  GO BIG RED

That ain't nothin'!  

I heard one of the old doctors that stalks the Patriot sidelines played in the SEC (maybe before the SEC was even the SEC) let Joe Namath have his spot with the Jets when he decided to move to Paris and practice medicine.

That's what I heard.

Edited by FactsOnly

That ain't nothin'!  

I heard one of the old doctors that stalks the Patriot sidelines played in the SEC (maybe before the SEC was even the SEC) let Joe Namath have his spot with the Jets when he decided to move to Paris and practice medicine.

That's what I heard.

Most of that ain't factual !!

GO BIG RED

Forecast for gametime:

Sunny until sunset at 7:38 pm

76 degrees (not Celsius like it was last year at Liberty)

Zero percent possibility of precipitation

Humidity?  48%

Wind out of the East at 4 mph but projected form a 27 mph vortex toward whichever direction we kick

Typical mid-August evening for Paris

Edited by FactsOnly