Gallatin vs Mt Juliet

GWAVE1

Considering we are coming from two disappointing seasons in a row,(accumulating 9 wins in two seasons) this year has more potential than the past two for sure. However yes we are still far from the talent we had during the 2009 to 2013 era. If I had to go out on a limb to predict our record, I'd probably say we are good for 6-7 wins.

Good to hear. I'd say 6-7 for Gallatin as well including Station Camp.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After talking to some MJ people, I have to wonder just how good is Beech. Seems like they did not do anything too special in the jamboree yet still beat them pretty good. Like most team I expect all teams to keep it close to the vest, but I was surprised at the score. Looks like it might be a wet week so I wonder if that changes things up some. If the Jackson kid has gotten some more size then he could be a load to take down. He ran well against the Wave last year out of the spread. How has Abner changed the defense?

Gallatin and Mt Juliet have experienced some great games over the years, with some crazy plays and wild finishes.  It being the opening game this year makes it impossible to predict.  I have seen all three scrimmages and several practices, and I think this Wave team has a bunch of potential.  How that plays out on the field with a very tough schedule we will see.  I do see an injury free Mason having a big year running the ball, he is a talent ladled kid that right now is flying under the radar.  As the season moves along, more and more will know who he is.  The defense must improve from what I've seen thus far, it has given up too many big plays in these scrimmages.  I'm just excited this is finally the first Game Week of '15, it looks to be a fun year!

I guess we would have to go back to the days of opening the season with McCallie or even Father Ryan in the 80's to find and opening day opponent as big as Mt. Juliet. This should be an exciting game for all the fans. I'm looking at a close game between these two versions of a classic rivalry. This was always THE game in the past and I don't see it being any different this week. Looking forward to seeing this one.

After talking to some MJ people, I have to wonder just how good is Beech. Seems like they did not do anything too special in the jamboree yet still beat them pretty good. Like most team I expect all teams to keep it close to the vest, but I was surprised at the score. Looks like it might be a wet week so I wonder if that changes things up some. If the Jackson kid has gotten some more size then he could be a load to take down. He ran well against the Wave last year out of the spread. How has Abner changed the defense?

It will be interesting to see if Abner is allowed to call the defense. Hopefully O and D coordinators can call what they want and have the personal in that they want and not on a short leash.

Should be a great game. Turnovers will decide this one.

Go BEARS !