Smith County vs. Macon County

MaconVol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21-14 Smith pulls it out. Smith has a trio of good backs, no superstars, but each brings something diffrent to the table. Good looking set of wr's and the qb looks to be better than average throwing and running. OL is not very big, but wide bodied and pretty quick. Defense looks solid, though a tad shaky on the pass defense. For Macon, the qb will have to have a huge game to pull of the win. SC defense will focus in on him. Not confident MC has enough other play makers to pull this one off. MC's OL and DL has struggled big time this fall. Over all team speed, other than qb, is way below SC.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Should be a great atmosphere. What year was it when these two teams met in the qtr. finals of the state play-offs , with Macon County winning on a last second field goal? I have heard the atmosphere was electric that night with the goal post coming down.

That was the wonder year.

Should be a great atmosphere. What year was it when these two teams met in the qtr. finals of the state play-offs , with Macon County winning on a last second field goal? I have heard the atmosphere was electric that night with the goal post coming down.

2003. 12-1 verses 12-1.....MC down by 2 with 1:30 on clock on own 15. Hit a few passes and had one last shot. Threw a shorter throw and the kid ran a few steps and hit the ground and called time. Kicker hit a 54 yarder to ice it. Was a tall tell there were like 9k at that game and was so loud u couldn't hear two people over from you. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

2003. 12-1 verses 12-1.....MC down by 2 with 1:30 on clock on own 15. Hit a few passes and had one last shot. Threw a shorter throw and the kid ran a few steps and hit the ground and called time. Kicker hit a 54 yarder to ice it. Was a tall tell there were like 9k at that game and was so loud u couldn't hear two people over from you.

2003. 12-1 verses 12-1.....MC down by 2 with 1:30 on clock on own 15. Hit a few passes and had one last shot. Threw a shorter throw and the kid ran a few steps and hit the ground and called time. Kicker hit a 54 yarder to ice it. Was a tall tell there were like 9k at that game and was so loud u couldn't hear two people over from you.

I think MC was 11-1 and SC was 10-2. That was the year LA started the season 1-3 before changing their offense and winning their last 7 including a bowl game despite not making the playoffs. LA was better than both these teams by year end but still wouldn't have beat Uncle Jimmy.

I think MC was 11-1 and SC was 10-2. That was the year LA started the season 1-3 before changing their offense and winning their last 7 including a bowl game despite not making the playoffs. LA was better than both these teams by year end but still wouldn't have beat Uncle Jimmy.

you are correct on the records. That's the year MC best player the all district qb-fs quit a week before the first game. Got blew out in game-1 28-7 to Portland then circled the wagons to rattled off 12 straight wins before losing to Fulton in Semi's. I remember MC had a huge OL/DL and a 240lb beast of a fb that season.