Week 2: Oneida @ Meigs County

crow

Sorry if i ruffled your feathers pride but this is this year not last year. I bet they ain't seen a D like Oneida this year. I know they have only played one game but it's gonna be a slobber knocker! We will be well prepared!

Of course they havnt!Second game of the season and SW is no Oneida.It would be hard to talk trash after playing Oakdale IMO.So lets see what happens after Fri night.Meigs has a nice atmosphere down there as well,i look for a good first half game and the Indians pulling out a 14 pt win.Good luck to both teams.I just hope GB isnt beat to death going into the Oneida game.That Loudon game was a slugfest and GP will not want to lose to a little 1A team two yrs in a row.We will see you all next week got GP comin in Fri first. Edited by orngnblk

Sorry if i ruffled your feathers pride but this is this year not last year. I bet they ain't seen a D like Oneida this year. I know they have only played one game but it's gonna be a slobber knocker! We will be well prepared!

No problem Spike, just pointing out that this one will be a tough one for both teams. I can't get a good handle on it. I know what Oneida brings in. Going to pound it at you all night long and control the ball. Meigs, I don't know about. They lost quite a few really good ball players from last year. Not sure how good they are yet. Should be a good ballgame and worth the drive.

I won't hang my hat on a victory over Oakdale.  Oneida has playmakers across the board.  Of the nine passes thrown two of them were dropped.  Both would have accounted for 30+ yards had they been caught.  The QB only made the one mistake on the backside screen,,,,he should have dumped the ball, instead of trying to make a play that had been snuffed out.  That should come with experience.  I thought the balance was way better than last season when we really didn't have much confidence throwing it.  IMO this kid spins it pretty well.  Threw twice on first down, so load up at your peril.  I will say this about the defense, they are very opportunistic if you lay it on the ground or toss it.  DB's made great reads on the ball.  Lambert adjusts very well too, so Meigs will have to try a bunch of stuff to reach the end zone.  You may bend them, but they tighten up considerably near the goal.  How is Meigs field goal kicker?  It should be a great game.

Kazzy :thumb:

I won't hang my hat on a victory over Oakdale.  Oneida has playmakers across the board.  Of the nine passes thrown two of them were dropped.  Both would have accounted for 30+ yards had they been caught.  The QB only made the one mistake on the backside screen,,,,he should have dumped the ball, instead of trying to make a play that had been snuffed out.  That should come with experience.  I thought the balance was way better than last season when we really didn't have much confidence throwing it.  IMO this kid spins it pretty well.  Threw twice on first down, so load up at your peril.  I will say this about the defense, they are very opportunistic if you lay it on the ground or toss it.  DB's made great reads on the ball.  Lambert adjusts very well too, so Meigs will have to try a bunch of stuff to reach the end zone.  You may bend them, but they tighten up considerably near the goal.  How is Meigs field goal kicker?  It should be a great game.

Kazzy :thumb:

Kaz,

I'd say it will be a very good game....Meigs does have good speed and they play hard....Get that QB more than 9 tosses to keep them honest, allowing bam bam into the secondary and the Indians pull out a close, hard fought game

I love it when the Bull hits the China Shop. (Bam in the Secondary)  Oakdale made a visible effort to keep Bam from getting to the second level. (heck. they tackled him twice when he didn't even have the ball) :rolleyes: Of course they picked that poison and it seemed to open up some stuff for the rest of the crew.  Some people forget the kid is also a pretty devastating lead blocker.  On to Tiger land.....

Kaz

I love it when the Bull hits the China Shop. (Bam in the Secondary)  Oakdale made a visible effort to keep Bam from getting to the second level. (heck. they tackled him twice when he didn't even have the ball) :rolleyes: Of course they picked that poison and it seemed to open up some stuff for the rest of the crew.  Some people forget the kid is also a pretty devastating lead blocker.  On to Tiger land.....

Kaz

Should be a great test for both teams, picking a winner is like flipping a coin at this point. If either wins by more than 2 scores, they will raise alot of eyebrows. GOOOOOOOOOOOOINJUNSSSSSSSSSSS

Guest Fall101

I love it when the Bull hits the China Shop. (Bam in the Secondary) Oakdale made a visible effort to keep Bam from getting to the second level. (heck. they tackled him twice when he didn't even have the ball) :rolleyes: Of course they picked that poison and it seemed to open up some stuff for the rest of the crew. Some people forget the kid is also a pretty devastating lead blocker. On to Tiger land.....

Kaz

I love seeing Bam Bam lead the way through the hole! Kid is a head hunter!

Of course they havnt!Second game of the season and SW is no Oneida.It would be hard to talk trash after playing Oakdale IMO.So lets see what happens after Fri night.Meigs has a nice atmosphere down there as well,i look for a good first half game and the Indians pulling out a 14 pt win.Good luck to both teams.I just hope GB isnt beat to death going into the Oneida game.That Loudon game was a slugfest and GP will not want to lose to a little 1A team two yrs in a row.We will see you all next week got GP comin in Fri first.

Sweetwater's Defense gave up a total of 203 yards to Meigs County on 55 plays......49 total yards in the 1st half but according to you Orngnblk Sweetwater doesn't have much of a Defense so Meigs shouldn't break 100 yards total against that brick wall in Oneida!

Sweetwater's Defense gave up a total of 203 yards to Meigs County on 55 plays......49 total yards in the 1st half but according to you Orngnblk Sweetwater doesn't have much of a Defense so Meigs shouldn't break 100 yards total against that brick wall in Oneida!

Pretty impressive, Sweetwater may be a handful. Can't imagine Oneida.s d will be any stronger.Time will tell.

No actually i said SW is no Oneida but neither is Meigs.I like where the Meigs program is headed but i personally believe Meigs is not as good as they were last yr and i also think that SW will struggle this yr also.Take it as you want i have always had alot of respect for SW they had a great tradition down there yrs ago as did Meig.This game will go in the Indians favor IMO because they are just the better team and yes Oneida has a better defense.IMO.

No actually i said SW is no Oneida but neither is Meigs.I like where the Meigs program is headed but i personally believe Meigs is not as good as they were last yr and i also think that SW will struggle this yr also.Take it as you want i have always had alot of respect for SW they had a great tradition down there yrs ago as did Meig.This game will go in the Indians favor IMO because they are just the better team and yes Oneida has a better defense.IMO.

Agree with you OnB. Everything changes year to year but you can almost always count on Lambert having a good defense. I think the Indians take this one by 2 or 3 TDs.