William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

Went about as I expected again this week.

First of all, Blount seems a lot better coached then they have been. Alcoa was struggling running to the outside on their D, and Shad had some pretty good calls on offense. Especially once he started pounding it up the middle on us and they had a little success. Willy B should field some solid teams in the next few years if Shad sticks around.

For Alcoa it was basically business as usual. The D-line lived in the backfield, we ran the ball solidly between the tackles, and had a beautiful pass from Myers to Clabough. It was good to have Shereef back, that's for sure. He gives us extra quickness we didn't have last week, (that was a beautiful cut on the TD run), McClurg ran hard and ran well, and I've been very impressed with Salter running the ball and barreling over defenders. We just need to work on not putting the ball on the ground this week after three pretty careless fumbles, other than that very good performance from the Nadoes.

Take it to Loudon this week!

What about Alcoa having their starters in with a 4 TD lead in the 4th Qtr ;)

it doesn't matter about alcoa. They played starters real late but I did notice the freshman QB got some snaps at the end for Alcoa. Alcoa will have plenty of games this year to play the younguns. WB may not. Another missed opportunity to build depth. Otherwise, WB did play hard and that's a huge positive. DB game will be big.

it doesn't matter about alcoa. They played starters real late but I did notice the freshman QB got some snaps at the end for Alcoa. Alcoa will have plenty of games this year to play the younguns. WB may not. Another missed opportunity to build depth. Otherwise, WB did play hard and that's a huge positive. DB game will be big.

One positive about the game last night is we were able to establish the run game against a good defense. Tyler Key ran really hard and if I'm Coach Shad I'm going to be looking at him more on offense.