William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

As a Coach Shad/Coach Harris fan, I am so proud of where they have the team at this time. The kids are buying in, the community is starting to buy in and it is a matter of time before you start to see the results of this. Slaying the giant isn't always the hardest task. Sometimes the toughest thing to do is to believe you can. 

So much respect for the Govs. I know great things are just around the corner. It is not the work that you see the makes a team champions. It is the work they out in  put in when no one is watching. 

Edited by Blaze45

Govman's Post Game Reflections:

*Thanks to the Alcoa Coach T "goons" for going fairly easy on us in the week leading up to the game.

* Great high school setting on Friday night at Mike White Field. The field looked great. The new scoreboard is nice. Even the traffic pattern ran smooth I thought.

* Alcoa looked good. That D-line lived up to its billing. Lots of skill in the backfield. McClurg, whether taking a direct snap or getting a hand off is hard to stop.

* Really excited about future at WB. Absolutely love Coach Shad. Very classy guy.

* So glad to see this rivalry resumed. I thought both sides (on field and in stands) represented their schools well. I hope the Alcoa folks felt like they were treated well.

* If you were there to hear the invocation by WB student Noah Lingenfelter, you were blessed. He sat an incredible tone for the evening. Good to recognize our Hall of Fame inductees also.

* Good luck to the Tornadoes rest of year. Make Blount County proud and go get another Gold Ball!

*Thanks to the Alcoa Coach T "goons" for going fairly easy on us in the week leading up to the game.

* Great high school setting on Friday night at Mike White Field. The field looked great. The new scoreboard is nice. Even the traffic pattern ran smooth I thought.

* Alcoa looked good. That D-line lived up to its billing. Lots of skill in the backfield. McClurg, whether taking a direct snap or getting a hand off is hard to stop.

* Really excited about future at WB. Absolutely love Coach Shad. Very classy guy.

* So glad to see this rivalry resumed. I thought both sides (on field and in stands) represented their schools well. I hope the Alcoa folks felt like they were treated well.

* If you were there to hear the invocation by WB student Noah Lingenfelter, you were blessed. He sat an incredible tone for the evening. Good to recognize our Hall of Fame inductees also.

* Good luck to the Tornadoes rest of year. Make Blount County proud and go get another Gold Ball!

Good luck! ðŸ‘

As a Coach Shad/Coach Harris fan, I am so proud of where they have the team at this time. The kids are buying in, the community is starting to buy in and it is a matter of time before you start to see the results of this. Slaying the giant isn't always the hardest task. Sometimes the toughest thing to do is to believe you can.

So much respect for the Govs. I know great things are just around the corner. It is not the work that you see the makes a team champions. It is the work they out in put in when no one is watching.

I am really excited about what Shad is doing. We played with an intensity against Alcoa that just hasn't been there despite the fact that we were completely outmanned up front. I'll say this... If we weren't completely outmanned upfront that game would have been a lot closer. I think Shad needs to start recruiting the hallways hard in the offseason to find some beef for the lines. And that shouldn't be hard to do after winning some games this year. We have around 48 on the roster right now. I think we will have alot more next year. Go Govs!!

The WB community were great hosts. We wish you all a good season and success with Shad.

I'm sure somewhere that those 18 yards figure for at least 3 Alcoa TD's!

Ah shutup. By the way Shad mentioned the penalty yardage from the Lenoir City game before the Alcoa game. Guess how many penalty yards we had? Over 150 yards of penalties! Try to tell me that didn't have an effect on the score. But we still won. In the Alcoa game we played hard and won the turnover battle. We just gave up too many sacks. We would have good drives going and then we would give up sacks for big losses and it would kill whatever momentum we might have had. There were lots of good things to take away from the Alcoa game, the main one being that we were able to establish the running game again a very good defense. The kids played hard but we were just outmatched upfront.

Ah shutup. By the way Shad mentioned the penalty yardage from the Lenoir City game before the Alcoa game. Guess how many penalty yards we had? Over 150 yards of penalties! Try to tell me that didn't have an effect on the score. But we still won. In the Alcoa game we played hard and won the turnover battle. We just gave up too many sacks. We would have good drives going and then we would give up sacks for big losses and it would kill whatever momentum we might have had. There were lots of good things to take away from the Alcoa game, the main one being that we were able to establish the running game again a very good defense. The kids played hard but we were just outmatched upfront.

A good team doesn't have over 150 yards in penalties.