DeKalb County at Stone Memorial

DCTIGERFAN

How does every one see this game playing out? Last year SM really put it on us, but this is a new year after all. Does anyone know what all SM returns from last year? I do know they have one exceptional RB, and are a strong running team.

They had an impressive blowout win over York tonight, but  I'm not sure how much stock to put into that. York is breaking in a new coaching staff and a new offense too afterall. I feel a little uneasy about this game, and I'm afraid this is a game DC will lose. Hopefully I'm wrong. Our run defense does seem a lot better than last years, so there is that.

Let's hear everyone's predictions. I say 34-24 SM.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago we beat them at their place. Last year they came to ours and returned the favor. Not sure what to expect out of this one. No offense but York is overhyped a lot of the time coming into the season. 2012 was their best team in quite some time and they were 5-0 coming into our game with blowout wins. We ended up running them out of the place by halftime. I just find it hard to give wins vs. York a lot of credit at this point. I will say Stone Memorial looked good last year, but so did every team with a competent running back against us. Warren county ran on us good last year too, and with basically the same backs we did much better this year so maybe we have stepped it up.

York's offense was not new. The coach was offensive coordinator last year. Last year's players, except for QB Mason Cravens, didn't play like they did last year. Mason was York's offense for the most part. The defense played very poorly, but against a very good Stone team. I think Stone will roll again come Friday night. York will bounce back. The passing game was very good and Mason's running was excellent. These Dragons have heart and determination and I believe they will beat White Co. Friday. Dekalb Co. has its work cut out for them.

York's offense was not new. The coach was offensive coordinator last year. Last year's players, except for QB Mason Cravens, didn't play like they did last year. Mason was York's offense for the most part. The defense played very poorly, but against a very good Stone team. I think Stone will roll again come Friday night. York will bounce back. The passing game was very good and Mason's running was excellent. These Dragons have heart and determination and I believe they will beat White Co. Friday. Dekalb Co. has its work cut out for them.

How is York's offense not entirely new? What am I missing here? Did they not run the WingT, Veer, Triple Option, or something like that last year? Are they not running a Spread Offense this season? Call me crazy, but yeah, I'd say that is a completely new offensive system.

don't see york beating white co. this friday. wc is on the same level as stone and warren. i think wc  wins easily. i think dc and stone will be a good game with dc winning in a shootout. wc will prolly not win another game the rest of the season after this one except for maybe cchs.

don't see york beating white co. this friday. wc is on the same level as stone and warren. i think wc  wins easily. i think dc and stone will be a good game with dc winning in a shootout. wc will prolly not win another game the rest of the season after this one except for maybe cchs.

Not sure either WC is on SM's level. Hopefully you're right though.