TN High @ Sullivan South

THSVikings2004

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no logic to it. It's called coaches lack of attention to detail. Last year against Elizibethton we kicked it straight into the waiting arms of Ethan Thomas (arguably the best back in this region at any level), but someone was off sides and we had to kick it again. Once again we kicked it straight to Thomas and were lucky to get him down after about a 40 yard return. So I'm thinking we dodged another bullet and have learned what EVERY spectator in the stadium and beyond already knew, and that is DO NOT KICK THE bleep BALL TO THOMAS!!! But guess what........... the very next kickoff we ONCE AGAIN kicked it straight to Thomas. This time he took it about 80 yards to the house!! SMH We barely lost a classic shootout with Betsy last year and you have to wonder if things would have been different had we not made that bone headed mistake. Well... I'm not even sure you can call it a mistake when you do it three times in a row!! :huh:

Cap1 if they don't kick to Thomas I believe you had a very good chance of beating us last year.

Aren't there any South fans out on CoachT anymore?? :bored:

haha...called out by ole Cap once again. How are you friend.? Hope you're planning on making the trip down to Death Valley. I believe it will be a game you will enjoy on two counts: 1) the Rebel rags have pretty much been shelved  2) the Vikings should roll

Rebels best chance to keep it close will be to shorten the game with the running game and try to grind out a few first downs and play field postition. Their downfield passing game is nowhere near what it has been for each of the last 10 years.

Defensively they are tough against the run but suspect in pass defense.

I would expect a close game for the first half and then Tennessee High pulling away in the second half. I'd see a punt or K/O return for TD in that surge. 27-7 Vikes.

haha...called out by ole Cap once again. How are you friend.? Hope you're planning on making the trip down to Death Valley. I believe it will be a game you will enjoy on two counts: 1) the Rebel rags have pretty much been shelved  2) the Vikings should roll

Rebels best chance to keep it close will be to shorten the game with the running game and try to grind out a few first downs and play field postition. Their downfield passing game is nowhere near what it has been for each of the last 10 years.

Defensively they are tough against the run but suspect in pass defense.

I would expect a close game for the first half and then Tennessee High pulling away in the second half. I'd see a punt or K/O return for TD in that surge. 27-7 Vikes.

Hey there Crawdad. Glad to see there are still other old schoolers still out there. Where is your crew? It's unlike South not to represent on the boards. It's also not a good sign. From what I'm hearing it sounds like this is going to be closer than many think. The Viking team has shown to be typical in that we are run first and pass only if you have to. If South is able to put together a couple of scoring drives and they are tough against the run, this could come down to who can sneak in the big play. 

Glad to hear they are finally trending away from the rag. I would say it's hard to be a rebel without the flag. They should create their own. 

Doubt it makes a difference in this one. I'm fearful Bristol's speed will be too much for the Rebels. South needs to manage the kicking game, play zone pass defense and force some turnovers to have a chance.

Maybe this will be the coming out of the closet game for our passing attach because it's proven to be almost none existent up to this point.

Edited by Cap1