Henry county vs. Houston

HCPATS15

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of work to do, but I knows these boys and the coaches. The talent is there and it can be done. The D is still looking pretty good. The secondary needs some improvement and the O line needs to be blocking better. I believe if those two things are corrected we will be pretty good. This is going to be a good game with Houston and I am looking forward to the match-up and seeing how both teams bounce back after their losses.

Our defense was far from perfect, but it played well enough to win last night.

Special teams had an off night with 2 missed FG's, and the offense was flat out horrible. I may have overestimated the offensive line. Liberty's defense is good for a 4A school, but they made it look way too easy last night. 

Hopefully these kids can regroup and come out ready this week.

Special teams had an off night with 2 missed FG's, and the offense was flat out horrible. I may have overestimated the offensive line. Liberty's defense is good for a 4A school, but they made it look way too easy last night.

Hard to consistently block 8 or 9 with 6 or 7. This OL isn't 2011 or 2013, but I don't think all of our offensive woes were on the 5 guys with their hands in the dirt. 1st FG I (think) can be pinned on the snap. 2nd one just wasn't true. The kicker will win us a ballgame before it's all said and done.

I'll have to do some research on Houston. My gut tells me our defense will give us a fighter's chance against almost anybody.

Then they must be really good since they're a 3A team, huh

no reason not to take the Patriots in this one

stop with all the doom and gloom

work on the passing game and run some screens

that D will be more than sufficient...17 points with that defense wins 7-8 games easy in the regular season

It was the first game of the season, dhs. I am confident that, much like last year, this team will improve as the season progresses, particularly on the offensive side where we have so many new starters including a sophomore at QB.

Btw, I don't think I ever gave Liberty props on their performance. But it was VERY impressive. Has to be encouraging for you guys knowing this is a new staff with a new system and all. They seemed very well prepared on both sides of the ball.