Fulltun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

I guess I figured you would realize by me saying " We'll just go back to the beginning of the George Quarles era " you would know that I knew there was " Additional info " .... also add to the fact that you were coming across like an 8th grade math teacher , quoting me and several others and correcting or contradicting them ... so I got a little smart with you .... sorry about that , I figured you already knew everything ..... LOL .... I'm just yanking your chain there rebels , i'm glad i've got you as an available source of information !!  :mrgreen:

Don't usually get a chance to read or post until late at night. Intrigued by the ND guy and the guy from Murfreesboro. Thanks for keeping me straight. 

Im gonna say this about the secondary. They did a great job keeping that Qb from beating our brains out. They had to play to keep those speedsters in front of them and could play for the ball as much as they normally can.

I am a little biased in this regard as my son is one of the safeties and thought that

He played a heck.of a game.

Number please. 

Great mentality to instill in a defensive lineman. They have to overcome a lot of adversity, holding can't be an excuse in their minds. I love the way 88 pushed forward all night and made plays. He had plenty of opportunities to whine about no-calls but he continued to fight hard and make plays.

Whenever that crew is officiating, the flags stay put. Seen in basketball as well and one does the same on the college level. 

I was on the Fulton Side, Always on vistor side when i go to Maryville  Easier to get in and out of gate. Alot people pre game were talking we going to beat them, then when the Falcons started to get down, Maryville cheats....where do they get all these kids from. Look they have a good coach, Fulton does as well and kids go to both programs wanting to play for them. Maryville does cost 1500.00 a year maybe I'm not sure the Number if you don't live in the city. I just hate excuses we all give them, I agree with Blackman at Tennessee.....Great Player, Great Motor.

Ads I understand it tuition students can only come from Blount County if they do not to live in the City of Maryville. Is that correct? Can they come from another County? How many tuition students van be admitted?  Found out today they can come from anywhere. 

Edited by rebels

Turtle....I would agree to a point, but remember it is early in the season for both teams. Maryville's defense was exposed to a degree. I think both lines...defensive and offensive are about average with a couple of bright spots. They are beatable without a doubt but you better get them early. About game 6 to 8 they will begin hitting on all cylinders and there will be some incredible beat downs to come. This is not your typical skill positions Maryville team. They are deep and talented with a couple of Sophomores that are about to explode on the scene as they get a little more game experience. 

4 new starters on the o line.

Great first 3 quarters like I said.... But if Fulton wouldn't have dropped so many passes that score would've been closer.. In my opinion Maryville isn't as good as years past. They may improved but I didn't see that same Maryville team I hate... As for as Fulton, well you can tell they're young but they should be ok once they start adjusting to that soon to be D1 QB they have... How are the players that were hurt for Maryville?

So glad this game is over with!! To much hype surrounded it for no reason !!

Good Luck to both teams now carry on!!

The Hype was from all the Knoxville people with Mark Packer leading the way .  I work in Knoxville with several hundred people mostly from Knoxville and they have been going nuts over this and I'm sure there's a lot of " I'm tired of hearing about Maryville and Alcoa all the time " going on here . They all became Fulton fans ... and let me know how much they couldn't stand hearing about Maryville all the time . 

I've had all these sheepish looking people approach me like they just knew I was  gonna put it back in their face , I told them The Fulton QB was awesome , several great athletes , great Coaching .... but sorry guys this was just another game for Maryville . We've seen lots of great , talented teams over the years . Randall Cobb and all his athletic teammates he had at Alcoa never beat Maryville , there's a long list of Division I athletes who never beat Maryville . 

Like I said earlier , JUST going back to the George Quarles Era , Maryville and Alcoa are now 6-1 against Fulton and outscored 250-72 . The Fulton fans posting on here are very nice guys , believe me I wish all the Knoxville fans I was around were like you guys on here , but unfortunately there's a whole bunch like our Boy Turtle here 

Don't usually get a chance to read or post until late at night. Intrigued by the ND guy and the guy from Murfreesboro. Thanks for keeping me straight. 

Ya every year we get a few clingers who are so obsessed with Maryville they just can't stand it !! The ND guy is an Indy fan who I think lived in Middle tenn for a while , says he played for Notre Dame and a couple years ago he spent the whole season telling everybody how bad Jalen Hurd was and couldn't be a RB !! He stalked every thread that Hurd was on and let everybody know he wouldn't play RB .... The next year Hurd got hurt , so he needed something else to hate / obsess over and here he is now living in Fla , wasting away again in Margaritaville , obsessing over a team of High School kids he has nothing to do with ... and yes it used to be very obvious at night that he was drinking when he would get really wild and you could actually hear him slurring his speech through the Keyboard !! lol 

We get all kinds .... the weird thing about Whiny82dad is that he's been posting for years , never really ever seemed to have a problem with Maryville , then now here he is constantly whining about Maryville ... Mid life Murvil crisis maybe ?  :mrgreen:  Always Quality entertainment here on the T !!