Fulltun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

This is Hilarious , Guess what , this is not the best Maryville team either , but I'm not as good as you are handicapping between different seasons . All of this talk about why we didn't play Fulton the last couple of seasons ... We'll just go back to the beginning of the George Quarles Era , since 1999 Maryville and Alcoa have played every year with Maryville winning 13 times , and Alcoa winning 3 times . Maryville and Fulton had not played until last night , but Alcoa and Fulton have played 6 times since 2005 ... with Alcoa winning 5 Games and Fulton once in 2006 . Alcoa outscored Fulton in those 6 Games 201 -54 ... in 2012 Alcoa beat the 4A Champion of that year (Fulton ) 30-7 . Maryville beat Alcoa a few weeks earlier that year 42-24 . Alcoa didn't even win the 3A Championship in 2012 , CAK did ..... 

Adding all this up .... Maryville has pretty much Dominated Alcoa over the last 15 years , and Alcoa has Dominated Fulton during that time . We get to hear from a lot of Knoxville people that George Quarles was too " Skeered " to play this Fulton team the next year after Fulton won their 4th State Championship ... so George was scared to play a team that got dominated by the team that we dominated .... Hilarious that some guys out there think that the Greatest Coach in Tn history had a Program of Fulton and was studying it and became Frightened to play them Falcons the next year .... LOL 

This was the 5th meeting. Last was 1986 and 1985, Maryville winning both. Maryville was 3-1 up until yesterday.

Congrats to Maryville. Once again you guys have an extremely talented group of kids. Proud of the Falcons as well. We came out swinging but didn't have enough in the end. I still say this game prepares us for the rest of our season. Prayers to those who were injured.

Fulton has one of the most talented teams I have seen in years. Next year will be another great game no matter who wins. They will be in Cookeville in December. Congrats to you all for a great game and best of luck! 

Edited by rebels

You basically just proved my point. Plumb69 was talking about the difference in classification like it made any difference at all.

Then we basically agree. I just did not hear the inflection in your voice as you spoke.

Best wishes both to Fulton and to Maryville for perfect records the rest of the way!

TD Blackman should be offered by UT Right now. I don't care if he isnt 6'2 or 6'3 235lbs. The kid can play. He makes things happen.  Isiah Cobb played well on defense. I heard Colton Murrels name a lot. Defense bent some but didn't break. Offense played really well. Both QB's played well. RB's ran well. Kelby Brock is another kid who is underated. A school like MTSU,TTU or ETSU should try to scoop this young man up. Tillery made a great catch.  Maryville beat a team in Fulton that will win a 4A Title again.

People saying Fulton is down are crazy. Xavier Malone is a future star. Kentell Williams and Zack Dobson are scary. Chaton Mobley and Deonte Tate are darn good backs. Fulton defense is very fast.

I say the same thing about TD Blackmon. Butch Jones should offer him today. If there is a better linebacker in the state of Tennessee I would hate to go up against him. Smart, fast , physical and fundamentally outstanding.

8-)