Fulltun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Sunday Morning Quarterbackin' - 

If #1 for Fulton doesn't play some type of college ball somewhere, then he's been failed by adults. I hear he's decent on the hardwood too.

Butch better go ahead and set up a tent in #7's yard. That kid is going to be very special.

#27 for Maryville reminded me of another 27 that wore the orange about 17 years ago.

Rebels need to figure out what to do on the d-line and in the secondary. Still thought they should have sent more pressure with the backers and maybe they do if #27 plays second half.

Surprised we never saw the plataction jump-slant pass. Way the safeties came up on the run, I thought it was there a lot.

Glad to hear #27 and #22 will be ok. It's never good when the stretcher gets brought out.

Decent chance Fulton/Maryville will be sharing a side in Cookeville in 14 or so weeks. 

The game lived up to the hype and as Coach said was closer than score indicated. 

I think our lead is bigger at half if we play the ball more on those third and longs but we'll learn from that. I feel good about our defense. Better technique on a couple of long balls and better tackling when Kentel Williams was in the wildcat and their total yards go way down. Very fixable and a game this early against this type of competition likely good for us. 

To say officials robbed us of a closer game as one poster said is ridiculous. We had 62 penalty yards to their 40 and I quit trying to keep up with the offensive holds they got away with. 

Great offensive play calling, and I am sure we had more we did not use. Hard to defend with that many playmakers. 

I hope and pray and Jordan Ervin is ok. This  young man has been through a lot. Hope Blackmon is better too. 

Fulton is a well coached team with athletes all over the field. Lots of respect for the program and the continuity of their coaching staff is similar to ours. Hope to see their folks the first weekend in December in middle Tennessee. 

Go Rebels. 

Good game last night. Great crowd. Much closer game than the final score. Lots of effort on both sides. 27 played great. 43 runs so hard. Fulton looks so well coached; they have great players; and were in great physical shape. I thought stars was gonna need to send Nellie to pick up JG at halftime.

This one is over. Both teams will improve. Good luck to each of them.

Congratulations Rebels! Fulton has a bright future. The Falcons are well coached and respected. Colton Murrell played exceptional and the offense was typical. My nomination for play of the game?..... Larry Headrick working the sound boards with AC/DC 'Back in black' as the Rebels came out of locker room. Time for the Patriots. Go Rebels!!!

Edited by cruiser71red

TD Blackman should be offered by UT Right now. I don't care if he isnt 6'2 or 6'3 235lbs. The kid can play. He makes things happen.  Isiah Cobb played well on defense. I heard Colton Murrels name a lot. Defense bent some but didn't break. Offense played really well. Both QB's played well. RB's ran well. Kelby Brock is another kid who is underated. A school like MTSU,TTU or ETSU should try to scoop this young man up. Tillery made a great catch.  Maryville beat a team in Fulton that will win a 4A Title again.

People saying Fulton is down are crazy. Xavier Malone is a future star. Kentell Williams and Zack Dobson are scary. Chaton Mobley and Deonte Tate are darn good backs. Fulton defense is very fast.