Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

First off in honor of Dr. King who's fight for peace and equality we honor and celebrate tomorrow let me say brothers put down your swords and shields. We are not at war with each other.

But seriously GP has the right to hire who they want, PERIOD. Their rules say they will hire C of C affilates only. People might just want to do a little more research before they enroll their children there. Or consider going somewhere else now that you know this. And if you believe all Christian organization believe the samething I strongly suggest you do a little research on the Church of Christ.

Some things are more important than football and athletics in general. We will keep our principles be just fine win or lose. Some people have obviously lost sight of the BIGGEST picture for all of us. Having won a middle school championship will not be required for winning at the judgement. Good luck to you and your son at MBA. Hope you figure out what is REALLY important before it is too late.

Cheif you got a little/no alot out of hand with your judgement of Coach Cook and his moving of his son to MBA. There are numerous reasons for him to look at other schools. Saying he's lost sight of what's really important is completely out of line and judgemental. He's moving his son to a school that not only sends students academically to ivy league schools, but they also have a pretty good sports program. I know this hasn't been a haphazard decision for that family. They have been at GP for 7 plus years.

Oh and BTW..... GP and C of C are not the only gateways to heaven. At least for some of us other Christians....

Now let me tell you why I'm personally disappointed with Goodpasture Christian school. To tell somebody who is qualified that you are good enough to be a paying member of something but not to be apart of the staff rubs me wrong.

We are talking about an education professional with a Masters degree and college playing and coaching experience. We are talking about a coach with proven ties to the community around Good Pasture and a history with the school it self. We are talking about someone with a track record of winning.

So yeah I didn't like the decision to hire Coach J. But I do respect it. I think GP just missed out on a good young coach. And Coach J if you are reading this which I pray you're not, lol. Good luck to you. I truly respect anyone who helps build up young men into leaders.

Shawn Banks and Markell Rice have done more to hurt Gallatin since graduating then help. They cite racism and other critisims that are unfounded. They have actively recruited players to other schools and caused mayhem. This is all old news however. Ponchez has never according to anybody ever wanted to play for anyone but Gallatin. I could go on and on but what is the point. I hope they are happy because we are up here. Best to leave each other alone. Huge burned bridges!

Don't know who these guys are you're venting about but it wasn't that the Mason brothers where so unhappy with Gallatin. It was more about the family trusting and admiring the coaching job that Coach Cook had done with their son. They wanted to play with him if he was at GP. That's all.

Great kids and Gwave look awesome this year. Next year will be even better.

Don't know who these guys are you're venting about but it wasn't that the Mason brothers where so unhappy with Gallatin. It was more about the family trusting and admiring the coaching job that Coach Cook had done with their son. They wanted to play with him if he was at GP. That's all.

Great kids and Gwave look awesome this year. Next year will be even better.

Never heard of coach Cook. I doubt that the Mason's had either since neither one played for him at the middle school level.

Theological discussion aside. I have done a lot of research and proud to be called a Christian that follows what the Bible says and member of CoC. Whoever the coach and son are I hope they do well wherever they go.

Cheif you got a little/no alot out of hand with your judgement of Coach Cook and his moving of his son to MBA. There are numerous reasons for him to look at other schools. Saying he's lost sight of what's really important is completely out of line and judgemental. He's moving his son to a school that not only sends students academically to ivy league schools, but they also have a pretty good sports program. I know this hasn't been a haphazard decision for that family. They have been at GP for 7 plus years.

Oh and BTW..... GP and C of C are not the only gateways to heaven. At least for some of us other Christians....

Entertaining thread. I believe Chief was responding to the criticism of his school and explaining their mindset reguarding athletics.

The coach/dad was the one being judgemental as far as I can tell?

Entertaining thread. I believe Chief was responding to the criticism of his school and explaining their mindset reguarding athletics.

The coach/dad was the one being judgemental as far as I can tell?

I understand Chief defending GP.... but saying the coach/dad has lost sight on what really matters goes beyond defending GP. He's not bashing GP. The "WeWorking" guy is not I repeat not Coach Stan. Just an angry/frustrated supporter.

This has been entertaining though I agree. GP is a place for education not a sports entertainment company. And I can tell you from personal experience there is just as much learning in failure as there is in success. (If not more)

Chefjwill unlike weworking, you are speaking your mind in a non-judgemental way about GP or the principles. I respect that. And yes I do hate the imaginary deck. What weworking doesn't seem to realize is that the deck can be played against anyone. It doesn't matter if you are white, black, red, tan, etc. Racism and prejudice doesn't have a color. Sad that we are still dealing with this issue.

Edited by workinprogress

"I doubt that the Mason's had either since neither one played for him at the middle school level"

??? Yeah and that's the only way to know a guy right? Just as GP did you've under valued the benefit of community ties.

Enlighten me then. Ponchez stayed at Gallatin after getting significant playing time as a freshman and on the JV team. As a sophomore he was the starter over a highly touted transfer and he was not happy? His brother went to JPII following Joslin and now is at Goodpasture. Seems like he has wasted playing time by transferring. My opinion of course. And I gave you 2 names who have caused issues and you tout community ties. Please tell me how you know more than myself. I am not a know it all and if I have it wrong I want to be right because right now you do not seem credible to me. I am not a fan of Goodpasture but I do respect their hiring principles and what their mission is. Like I said I have never heard of coach Cook and I am sure he is embarrassed by these statements being thrown around. Edited by GWAVE1

As a member of the Goodpasture community and one who has a child there who participates in athletics I am speaking from that perspective when I post. This thread has touched on a little bit of everything race, religion, diversity, and education. To shed some insight Goodpasture did interview Coach Cook and from what I'm told he was a leading candidate so I think Goodpasture's hiring process was fair. I think there is strong support from the African American community for him and his son as to there accomplishments in the community and to Goodpasture which made the situation unique. Some supporters just didn't understand why he wasn't affiliated with the program in some form after being qualified and contributing to the program. I agree with GREENWAVE1 that he probably would be embarrassed but Im certain he has no problems with GCS as both his kids still attend after he wasn't chosen and he can still be seen on campus. Maybe Big Chief and GCS Parent should speak with him as supporters of the program and help with support and ways to improve the program.

GREENWAVE1 Jermain Mason is not Ponchez's brother they are cousins and there not sure why he made that move either. Coach Cook coached James Mason Ponchez's younger brother he played with his son out Goodlettsville where he is the Athletic Director I'm sure this is what Chef J Will meant in referring to community ties. I think we all should move on from this subject and figure out ways to improve GCS football program. I think having a more consistent wrestling and track program would help.