Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Tell me what exactly is unfair about the hiring process?

It is a Church of Christ school. They require membership to teach and coach there at the varsity level. That is a known fact going in if you do any research at all. They also require the applicant to be a certified teacher. Nobody just coaches at Goodpasture. In fact most coach at least two sports, some even three. You have to get through these first two indisputable facts to have any chance at all. That is not unfair, that is life. Will dad be the head coach at MBA? Nope. Will Euvarard even let him on the field? Doubt it.

I haven't a dog in the race, but I'd like to say that I admire the administration for having principals, and sticking to them. Too many private schools advertise "faith based education"...then proceed to hire coaches and their assistants based solely on the chances to win at sports. They are a Church of Christ school, why wouldn't it make perfect sense for everyone on staff to be affiliated with the same church/faith?

Interesting article in yesterday's Tennessean. Page 2 of sports. Vanderbilts

new offensive line coach speaks somewhat highly of wrestling. Is he on to something?

I doubt you'll see 10-12 Lineman also be heavyweight wrestlers on the same school team but, yes he is on to something. Those lineman who wrestle will improve on footwork and grappling at the line of scrimmage. It is simple repetition that will improve endurance as well.

Wow bitter are we. Joslin is a good coach. I saw goodpasture improve this year. Very young team. It will take time. The hiring process is what it is. I'm glad and proud of goodpasture for sticking to this process of hiring C of C coaches. Plus the high school game is much different from the middle school game. Trust me I know been a coach st both levels.

Not bitter at all but as a poster said Goodpasture won't get AA athletes 1. because they won't hire a real coach, 2. lack of faculty diversity, 3. they refuse to give financial aid and scholarships, 4. they are 0-12 for ever. I coached and won championships on both levels too and It doesn't matter what level you win or coach if you know football. Stick with hiring your choir boy C of Christ that continue to lose and run up the light bill on the back road for no success.

Tell me what exactly is unfair about the hiring process?

It is a Church of Christ school. They require membership to teach and coach there at the varsity level. That is a known fact going in if you do any research at all. They also require the applicant to be a certified teacher. Nobody just coaches at Goodpasture. In fact most coach at least two sports, some even three. You have to get through these first two indisputable facts to have any chance at all. That is not unfair, that is life. Will dad be the head coach at MBA? Nope. Will Euvarard even let him on the field? Doubt it.

As a matter of fact Chief MBA did ask him to coach but he took a job at a Metro Middle school and almost made it to the championship something Goodpasture will not see at all in the near or distant future. Keep you C of C principles and keep getting your azz handed to you week in and week out. On the athletic platform it ain't about church affiliation or religion its about Wins and Losses. Once they learn that maybe they'll win a game. I promise you Stratford will score 50 on yawl because of your great principles. 

As a matter of fact Chief MBA did ask him to coach but he took a job at a Metro Middle school and almost made it to the championship something Goodpasture will not see at all in the near or distant future. Keep you C of C principles and keep getting your azz handed to you week in and week out. On the athletic platform it ain't about church affiliation or religion its about Wins and Losses. Once they learn that maybe they'll win a game. I promise you Stratford will score 50 on yawl because of your great principles.

Goodpasture has had the same hiring practice for years. One of the things that has hurt Goodpasture was the opening of JPII which pulled some of their base to that private school. According to the current AD Who has posted a few times, Goodpasture is not competing with the D2 schools anymore and seem to have relaxed their seeking of athletes at other schools which took place 10 years ago. I appreciate their adherence to their base principals. Whether they are successful or not should not be based on color of skin when the hiring practice has been C o C from the get go. Doesn't former NFL player, Brent Alexander coach with Joslin?

Weworking goodpasture has the same principles now as they did when they were winning. I guess you think MBA should allow girls so that they can compete with BA, Ensworth, etc. Maybe Harpeth Hall should allow boys. Maybe Hume Fogg should lower it's academic standards so they are more like all other metro schools. I'm glad schools stick to their principles. It creates diversity. If you don't agree with goodpastures principle then good for you. You have other options.

Weworking goodpasture has the same principles now as they did when they were winning. I guess you think MBA should allow girls so that they can compete with BA, Ensworth, etc. Maybe Harpeth Hall should allow boys. Maybe Hume Fogg should lower it's academic standards so they are more like all other metro schools. I'm glad schools stick to their principles. It creates diversity. If you don't agree with goodpastures principle then good for you. You have other options.

you're reaching when referencing MBA and female students to the hiring process at punyl ol Goodpasture. Last time I checked Good pasture doesn't have a plethora of championship banners. Like I said keep your C of C principles and see how many wins it gets you. None of what you listed is the same as hiring principles. Athletics is about wins and losses and last time I checked Goodpasture is racking up the latter LOL but I guess you enjoy Friday nights of 20 point losses Fight On  

Goodpasture has had the same hiring practice for years. One of the things that has hurt Goodpasture was the opening of JPII which pulled some of their base to that private school. According to the current AD Who has posted a few times, Goodpasture is not competing with the D2 schools anymore and seem to have relaxed their seeking of athletes at other schools which took place 10 years ago. I appreciate their adherence to their base principals. Whether they are successful or not should not be based on color of skin when the hiring practice has been C o C from the get go. Doesn't former NFL player, Brent Alexander coach with Joslin?

Last time I checked JPII wasn't a world beater either so find a new excuse. And it's base principles. And no Alexander does not coach with him there. I know him personally, as does the guy that was good enough to pay tuition,coach middle school, and was black and his son was the star of the middle school team but not good enough to be a head coach because of church affiliation. What a darn joke just end football and they'll be more successful. Or hey just make it an intramural  sport.