Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Not that I am aware of. Nor do they have to. I don't know of any school that puts that out there for the general public. Public OR private. Many times a coach will apply, but not want their current employer to know they were "looking around."

Bottom line anybody that really needs to know already does.  What difference would it make anyway? If they had a say-so in the matter they would know. 

Quality point, I was just curious if anyone in here knew. So from what I read on this board, is that it is a combination of issues that has created this "funk" that GCS can't seem to crawl out of. I guess my next question would be, given what happened to Joslin's predecessor & with him being on a similar path up until this point, realistically....How many games will GCS give this gentleman to produce results?

The "denomination" has nothing to do with losing games either. The requirement does not apply to students. 

The bottom line fact is there are no Benny Cunninghams, Patrick Turners, Marcus Buggs, Fontenots, Purkeys, Reynolds, Hills, Darnells, Walls, Banks or even Chances etc. there right now. Severely limited size-wise. That is reality.

First thing they need is an off season dedicated to strength work immediately. Chicken fart weak. They also need to get some lineman-type big kids to come play football at GCS.

Depth up front killed them constantly.

Coach Joslin is a good football coach. His record speaks for itself. That is not the problem. To say that is the problem is being naïve at best and downright clueless to the obvious at worst.

The "denomination" has nothing to do with losing games either. The requirement does not apply to students.

The bottom line fact is there are no Benny Cunninghams, Patrick Turners, Marcus Buggs, Fontenots, Purkeys, Reynolds, Hills, Darnells, Walls, Banks or even Chances etc. there right now. Severely limited size-wise. That is reality.

First thing they need is an off season dedicated to strength work immediately. Chicken fart weak. They also need to get some lineman-type big kids to come play football at GCS.

Depth up front killed them constantly.

Coach Joslin is a good football coach. His record speaks for itself. That is not the problem. To say that is the problem is being naïve at best and downright clueless to the obvious at worst.

Chief I agree that coaching is not the pending issue at GP. I understand where you are coming from when you quote the names you did. However from what I have seen from GP during the 0-20 time, there is not one player on the team who is a tough kid who will stick somebody. I know you need a K Reynolds sometimes, but you definetly need players who can BLOCK, TACKLE, in addition to being able to run a 4.5 40.

I don't know if Joslin a good coach or not. He seems like a great guy though. From what I've read, he's been pretty good in the past, but what about the last couple of years? Football has changed tremendously since he was doing good things. Lol, look I like the guy, I'm just trying to get a better understanding. It can't all be on the players right? I seriously didn't believe GCS was a winless team this year.

Edited by SouthernVUMan2

I don't know if Joslin a good coach or not. He seems like a great guy though. From what I've read, he's been pretty good in the past, but what about the last couple of years? Football has changed tremendously since he was doing good things. Lol, look I like the guy, I'm just trying to get a better understanding. It can't all be on the players right? I seriously didn't believe GCS was a winless team this year.

Did you see them??? I did. VERY LITTLE talent and what talent is there is very young and inexperienced. That was an 0-10 team.

I guess my first question would be is this young coach you are talking about a member of the church of Christ? First requirement at GCS. You will never get to question two if the answer is not yes.

I believe he maybe and both of his children attend the school so he is definitely affiliated in some form. Now you have me curious what is question # 2 ?

When Goodpasture was a strong program weren't we always reading on here that their talent just consisted ofwhat happened to be in the halls (even SEC and PAC 10 talent). Now it seems to be implied, or flat out stated, a successful coach there would need to go get talent from elsewhere. Which is it?