Goodpasture Football 2015

Rainwater

Funny that same coaching prospect went to a middle school in the area as the AD and had football coach and made some very positive changes. Their attendance at games more than doubled according to the principle. They went from a 2 and 4 team last year to a team that out scored three opponents 134 to to 24. He was a first year metro coach and won the respect of every coach he played. Not only because of the product on the field but also because of the way the team carried themselves.

Goodpasture has some diversifying to do if you ask me. Not just to recruit athletes but to stay relevant in this Nashville community. CPA has the level of transfers they have in the basketball program because Drew Maddux knows how to relate to parents and kids of all backgrounds. Im not sure, correction I am sure Goodpasture isnt there yet.

Goodpasture has some diversifying to do if you ask me. Not just to recruit athletes but to stay relevant in this Nashville community. CPA has the level of transfers they have in the basketball program because Drew Maddux knows how to relate to parents and kids of all backgrounds. Im not sure, correction I am sure Goodpasture isnt there yet.

I know this is a football board but after reading your post I had to respond. GP has one of the best young basketball coaches in middle TN. He has consistently had kids transfer to play for him not only because of his ability to " relate to parents and kids of all backgrounds" but because he's a very good basketball coach. In fact, he's had quality players transfer and impact every team he's coached. Thats proof IMO the guy is very good at what he does.

As far as football is concerned theres enough talent in the area. I have to believe once GP goes Div 2 it will help improve the talent in the program. However, DA is making a strong push for those same kids and has a HC that is extremely well thought of by many. He's the football equivalent of GPs basketball coach IMO.

I know this is a football board but after reading your post I had to respond. GP has one of the best young basketball coaches in middle TN. He has consistently had kids transfer to play for him not only because of his ability to " relate to parents and kids of all backgrounds" but because he's a very good basketball coach. In fact, he's had quality players transfer and impact every team he's coached. Thats proof IMO the guy is very good at what he does.

As far as football is concerned theres enough talent in the area. I have to believe once GP goes Div 2 it will help improve the talent in the program. However, DA is making a strong push for those same kids and has a HC that is extremely well thought of by many. He's the football equivalent of GPs basketball coach IMO.

Exactly Not a Basketball thread but Goodpasture got it right in Adamson. Someone young who can relate to the parents and players and the outside community. Which is mind boggling to me as to why Cook wasn't given a shot in some capacity at the school with his relationship with families and the Youth Football community in this city IMO. Also you build the program from the ground up and Goodpasture Middle Schools program is great for basketball, however in Middle School Football this year we kept the same coach who wasn't very good and he had to be dismissed. Not sure where Goodpasture was going with the varsity hire when the program needed someone young and energetic that would be around longer. Again my kids going to the 9th grade and I know that the tailback from Gallatin would have been at Goodpasture the running back from Whites Creek and two Freshmen lineman that started this year at East if the hire was different. Im not trying to be negative just trying to see how concerned we are about building a football program as it is the face of the school and at this point we have to support Joslin in any kind of way we can but again hes going to need help with a better staff and help in getting students/players.

I guess my first question would be is this young coach you are talking about a member of the church of Christ? First requirement at GCS. You will never get to question two if the answer is not yes.

Doesnt that reduce the coaching pool substantially?

Also, is there a plan to go DII? Seems with the new format thats the best option from the outside looking in.

Hope you are doing well.

Doing fine.

Yes it does reduce the pool, but it says Goodpasture CHRISTIAN School above the door for a reason. It has never said Goodpasture Football Academy. Priorities are still in order for the most part. Some other "Christian" schools in the area should take notes on that.

And no I do not mean yours. They have never been affiliated with any particular denomination.

I guess my first question would be is this young coach you are talking about a member of the church of Christ? First requirement at GCS. You will never get to question two if the answer is not yes.

Oh that explaines everything...... I knew that GCS was a Christian school I didn't know you had to belong to a specific denomination to work there.  Well I'm sure there are some great, available, Church of Christ coaches out there.  

I wonder do the parents at GCS support that idea?  I'm sure they must or else they would just place their children somewhere else.

Oh that explaines everything...... I knew that GCS was a Christian school I didn't know you had to belong to a specific denomination to work there.  Well I'm sure there are some great, available, Church of Christ coaches out there.  

I wonder do the parents at GCS support that idea?  I'm sure they must or else they would just place their children somewhere else.

What demonination did not matter under the Martin regime.  The program's talent is the worst it's ever been.  It compounds it worse with parents that have their own agenda, etc.  Good thing is numbers wise we have some depth.   I think the 3A decision in football was a bad idea, but with the talent, I can't disagree that a different offensive philosophy might have helped to keep scores close and give a chance to win.  The offense had I believe 2 passing touchdowns this season, and 1 was from the backup.  It was a JV squad against really good 3A programs.

At this point, it's not the coaching, it's the talent.   It's been a perfect storm for the program.  Coach vs. Headmaster, parents strife, etc.   We should have went DII a couple of years ago to compete, but that's irrelevant now.  Davidson and JP2 have definitely dipped in to the talent pool.   The strife inside the school with  "Martin guys" is apparent.  And the 3A decision is a head scratcher.