Mount Juliet vs Lebanon

MJGOLDENBEARS

If the Athletic Director doesn't grab the reins here he might not have a say in the matter when Mel Brown drops the hammer.

You might be right since you spend so much time with them, but what the rest of the town sees is something else and at some point the kids that would have thought about going over to MJ will take a trip the other direction to WC.

Ok so what's the excuse Lebanon fans?

No excuses here, you guys were just better tonight. Our defense battled all night and did a really good job against the run for y'all. But your QB was on point and your receivers made plays. Your defense was amazing, y'all should be extremely proud. They've improved and earned a lot of credit from me tonight. Y'all had a determined bunch. We put ourselves in a tough hole early and didn't handle adversity well. Congrats to you guys on a great win and for the blue devils it's back to the drawing board and getting ready for next week.

Lebanon is a long way from competing in 3-6a. They're out of their league there. Student enrollment places them as one of 32 largest schools in the state but when you see the number of guys dressed out on Friday nights they look more like a 4a school. They've got a chance to sweep non region games if they win at Portland next week (they should). Then I think they have a chance at Antioch in a few weeks. 4-6 would be a nice step forward this year but let's get real, the Blue Devils are going to be looking at a bus ride down I 40 west the first Friday in November as long as they're part of 3-6a. JMO.

Lebanon is a long way from competing in 3-6a. They're out of their league there. Student enrollment places them as one of 32 largest schools in the state but when you see the number of guys dressed out on Friday nights they look more like a 4a school. They've got a chance to sweep non region games if they win at Portland next week (they should). Then I think they have a chance at Antioch in a few weeks. 4-6 would be a nice step forward this year but let's get real, the Blue Devils are going to be looking at a bus ride down I 40 west the first Friday in November as long as they're part of 3-6a. JMO.

I called this before they played a single game. Said they would beat Warren County, Summit and Portland. And maybe Antioch. And looking at that bunch Warren County isn't gonna win a game this year and will finish dead last in 6A. While Portland and Summit are both pretty much 4A schools.

They have an easier schedule this year than the last couple years so if they go 3-7 I wouldn't say that is much of a step forward considering the teams they beat.

If they lose to Portland and Antioch....

Notes from last nights game: I played football at central, so I know MJ very well, Lebanon too. Mount Juliet just doesn't seem the same as they have over the last few years. I was in the stands and looked over on the MJ side, there was hardly anybody there and they had a tiny student section. I really didn't think that MJ looked very good on the field either. I think they should've won by way more. I'll give them this... They are big and athletic, but it's just not the same buzz an MJ team usually has. Lebanon is pitiful.

No excuses here, you guys were just better tonight. Our defense battled all night and did a really good job against the run for y'all. But your QB was on point and your receivers made plays. Your defense was amazing, y'all should be extremely proud. They've improved and earned a lot of credit from me tonight. Y'all had a determined bunch. We put ourselves in a tough hole early and didn't handle adversity well. Congrats to you guys on a great win and for the blue devils it's back to the drawing board and getting ready for next week.

Hmm.............BlueDevils; that "back to the drawing board" is what Harp or someone has said for the last 20 losses. What exactly will he do when he gets back over that drawing board?? Of course this also sounds like something that crack Blue Debil radio crew says each week................boys; ya'll are about out of excuses. "Once a Blue Debil; always a Blue Debil" may be harmful to ones health!!