Week 6: Oneida @ GP

crow

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows the last time Benny went 1-4, I can assure u they got the butt chewing of their life personal fouls show immaturity and hurt the team big time. I;m going to PF  Lenior city game to see if the tigers can get a win. I do think GP will be 2-3 after Fri.night ( I guess I still believe GP will do what they do WIN) :mrgreen:

Bass.....If we didn't have the talent I could just say that was it, but we do possess some very good players.  Up to this point our inability to do fundamental things in the offense has been puzzling.  If we get out of the dropped ball syndrome we, IMHO, wouldn't be having this conversation.  I can't tell you how many dropped balls we have had that would have led to first downs, but a rough estimate is about 10 or 11......in four games...!  Our failure at that is allowing teams to load up in the box.....at one time last week Midway had 9 players inside 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on the snap.  I swear if we start gaining some consistency catching passes the whole thing will go.  Mentally the kids just have to get sharper.....cause the defense is still good in my opinion.  GB scored 2 times on our offense (scoop and scores), otherwise that game is basically a 14/14 ball game.  Nobody thinks they are struggling too much.  It is going to take a reversal of fortune for us to get out of this rut, but one thing a lot of Oneida teams in the past have been known for is grit.....this team really needs that back.  Who knows, perhaps they will find it up at GP.

Kazanity

The offense seems stagnant in Oneida. At the first of the season they were one of my top two picks out of the east to make it to Cookeville. What going on with that offense?

After playing them i can tell you they have one of their best QBs i have seen at OHS and i have seen alot of them.They have recievers that get open and run good routes but have trouble holding on.The D is a typical Oneida D.They lack speed at all positions but they are never what you call a very fast team.As stated before from crow leadership seems to be the biggest issue.They have what it takes to win the region i am sure of it,but they are a game down now.As we all know all this means nothing if they get it together in the next few weeks.

Bass.....If we didn't have the talent I could just say that was it, but we do possess some very good players. Up to this point our inability to do fundamental things in the offense has been puzzling. If we get out of the dropped ball syndrome we, IMHO, wouldn't be having this conversation. I can't tell you how many dropped balls we have had that would have led to first downs, but a rough estimate is about 10 or 11......in four games...! Our failure at that is allowing teams to load up in the box.....at one time last week Midway had 9 players inside 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on the snap. I swear if we start gaining some consistency catching passes the whole thing will go. Mentally the kids just have to get sharper.....cause the defense is still good in my opinion. GB scored 2 times on our offense (scoop and scores), otherwise that game is basically a 14/14 ball game. Nobody thinks they are struggling too much. It is going to take a reversal of fortune for us to get out of this rut, but one thing a lot of Oneida teams in the past have been known for is grit.....this team really needs that back. Who knows, perhaps they will find it up at GP.

Kazanity

My friend I think we are struggling,we have to be able to run block consistantly-right now we cant!We havnt played but one good team and that is you all!IMO.I dont care what anyone else on here has to say about GP,they are not a very good football team this yr!If OHS gets it going they win bt 14.

OB.....your getting ready to face a solid Kingston team and then turn around with a good one in Coalfield.  You have the goods to get past both of them.  I think you will feel a little better in two weeks because your boys will have a ton of confidence if they get by those teams.  My expectation is Kingston (right now) is the steeper climb.  However, that game isn't going to make or break your team.....it is just a great opportunity to stand toe to toe with a good football team.  Iron sharpens Iron.

Kazzy  :thumb:

OB.....your getting ready to face a solid Kingston team and then turn around with a good one in Coalfield. You have the goods to get past both of them. I think you will feel a little better in two weeks because your boys will have a ton of confidence if they get by those teams. My expectation is Kingston (right now) is the steeper climb. However, that game isn't going to make or break your team.....it is just a great opportunity to stand toe to toe with a good football team. Iron sharpens Iron.

Kazzy :thumb:

I agree completly.Have to stay healthy and LEARN every week!!!