Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

thanks,dhs. You guys gave us closet Lib Tech fans a scare this week.How is the health of your team as we approach the run to the playoffs?The Patriots are finally getting everyone back this week- playing without several of your best players can be troubling!

GO BIG RED

well...the closest weve been to healthy/full strength was against the Pats

lost a couple more friday night...not for the season but for some time

good news is...and not to sound rude or smug...but outside of westview our season is over until november...our schedule was front-loaded with contenders...we have plenty of time to get the boys healthy and continue to improve

our biggest issue that hasnt been mentioned is turnovers...i believe we avg 4 a game...hard to blow teams out when u keep giving them extra possessions...but in my mind that is very fixable...remember the titans style

hopefully we wont see the wing T again this season

watching highlights and film of the Pats...a much more complete team from week 1...i expected nothing less...1 year i hope to play u boys in week 15 instead of week 1

keep up the tradition Big Red

Doc stay outta trouble

Edited by dhstennis

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my game analysis.

Henry County (4-1)

Opponents Record: 12-13

Points F. - 145

Points A. - 40

Clarksville (5-0)

Opponents Record: 9-16

Points F. - 167

Points A. - 85

---------------------------------------------

Clarksville has been scoring an average of 33.4 points per game.

Henry County has been giving up an average of 8 points per game.

- Against opponents who have a combined average of 20 points per game.

I’m not putting a lot of stock in any of these numbers. I think it will come down to individual match-ups and overall play calling.

Last year a (4-2) HC traveled to a (6-0) Springfield and walked away with a 21-20 victory.

I actually thought they were a much better team than the Jackets, but the Jackets had the momentum and home field advantage that gave them the confidence to beat the HC Goliath.

I think Clarksville goes into this one with a sense of momentum that none of these boys have ever experience against HC before.

Edited by Pilgrim

This is what Coach T has for Division 1 Class 5A Top Ten:

I have no idea how they calculate and I’m not sure I agree with it. But I do love that three of the teams are from district 7.

1. Independence (5-0)

2. Munford (4-0)

3. Farragut (5-0)

4. Centennial (4-1)

5. Oak Ridge (4-1)

5. Southwind (4-1)

7. Clarksville (5-0)

8. Brighton (4-1)

9. Morristown West (4-1)

10. Hendersonville (4-1)

10. Henry County (4-1)

Edited by Pilgrim

Pilgrim, I am in agreement. This will be the greatest concern for Henry County, Clarksville's confidence. And that is not to say that there isn't talent on the field, because there is plenty on Shelby's team! Clarksville comes into this game confident and perched ready to take HC down.

That being said, Clarksville has a tall order to put points on the board. This Defense that the Patriots have is for real. And if there is a running back or QB that thinks he's going to get 100-200 rushing yds against it, I'm afraid he is sadly mistaken. Its not that this Front 7 is impenetrable, they are just very efficient and follow their assignments to a T with few mistakes being made. The biggest asset against this Defense is forcing them to stay on the field. That can only happen if Henry County can't get the offense going. So if the Clarksville D is up to the task, then Clarksville will have their shot. If the Patriots have their way with the offensive front, I don't really see them keeping up and causing a shootout similar to Rossview. Just my 2 cents worth...

Go Big RED!!!

This is what Coach T has for Division 1 Class 5A Top Ten:I have no idea how they calculate and I’m not sure I agree with it. But I do love that three of the teams are from district 7.1. Independence (5-0)2. Munford (4-0)3. Farragut (5-0)4. Centennial (4-1)5. Oak Ridge (4-1)5. Southwind (4-1)7. Clarksville (5-0)8. Brighton (4-1)9. Morristown West (4-1)10. Hendersonville (4-1)10. Henry County (4-1)

Where is Hillsboro??? Aren't they still 5a???

Oh well, munford, Brighton, and southwind are not very good...benefit of poor scheduling...or fantastic scheduling, however u wana look at it...

This is what Coach T has for Division 1 Class 5A Top Ten:

I have no idea how they calculate and I’m not sure I agree with it. But I do love that three of the teams are from district 7.

1. Independence (5-0)

2. Munford (4-0)

3. Farragut (5-0)

4. Centennial (4-1)

5. Oak Ridge (4-1)

5. Southwind (4-1)

7. Clarksville (5-0)

8. Brighton (4-1)

9. Morristown West (4-1)

10. Hendersonville (4-1)

10. Henry County (4-1)

Hmm-- Wonder where Ooltewah, Knoxville West,and Rhea County are rated and why!!!

GO BIG RED

Here's my game analysis.

Henry County (4-1)

Opponents Record: 12-13

Points F. - 145

Points A. - 40

Clarksville (5-0)

Opponents Record: 9-16

Points F. - 167

Points A. - 85

Clarksville has been scoring an average of 33.4 points per game.

Henry County has been giving up an average of 8 points per game.

- Against opponents who have a combined average of 20 points per game.

I’m not putting a lot of stock in any of these numbers. I think it will come down to individual match-ups and overall play calling.

Last year a (4-2) HC traveled to a (6-0) Springfield and walked away with a 21-20 victory.

I actually thought they were a much better team than the Jackets, but the Jackets had the momentum and home field advantage that gave them the confidence to beat the HC Goliath.

I think Clarksville goes into this one with a sense of momentum that none of these boys have ever experience against HC before.

Nice assessment but I have a more formal evaluation:

Clarksville beat Rossview who beat Station Camp who lost to Hillsboro while Henry County beat Gallatin but lost to Liberty who will go undefeated this year and win the State Championship.  Therefore Henry County will beat Clarksville provided there are no drone restrictions in Clarksville air space.