Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really going to have to look hard at all the stats before I can make my prediction. 

All I know is 5-0 means very little unless we can beat HC.

District 7 is Henry County, Centennial, and then everyone else.

Clarksville hopes that it will soon be Henry County, Centennial, Clarksville, and then everyone else.  

I'm looking forward to this one even more than I was the Gallatin game. The Wildcats are undefeated and it's away from the friendly confines of Patriot Stadium. Little known fact about this game is that Clarksville High is our oldest rivalry dating back to 1972 with only a few breaks in action, which predates even the Dickson County rivalry (which didn't begin until '77). It's also historically been one of our more competitive ones with HC holding a 20-13 series lead.   

Our region schedule is backloaded this year beginning with this game. I've heard Clarksville is a physical group and is big on the lines. Should be a good test for HC. Our kicking game could potentially be a big factor in this one.   

No disrespect to CHS, but their lines aren't the big challenge. It's tackling #2. He's hard to bring down even if you your mitts on him. A couple of running backs are tough too. Just my opinion, the lines are respectable, but not dominating. Hate to say it, but HC run defense will give CHS problems. CHS reads are better now that earlier in year, but the quarterback will really need to be on his game with the Patriots. I don't think he will get 190 yards rushing against HC. To win, some passing will be required. Pilgrim, what do you think?

Although HC is the top of the class, I think this will be the game that really let's you know how good this year's team is.

I believe your last game of the year is against Centennial. So we very well could be you biggest challenge between now and then.

Pilgrim, I hope Rossview  gives them a game!

will be taking the Patriots again...a 4th straight shutout would be incredibly impressive

glad u boys are playin well

also props to me for picking Hillsboro over Hendersonville way back in the day on the Gallatin thread

i know you boys love The Yanker, but i hope his internet connection goes out later this week

thanks,dhs. You guys gave us closet Lib Tech fans a scare this week.How is the health of your team as we approach the run to the playoffs?The Patriots are finally getting everyone back this week- playing without several of your best players can be troubling!

GO BIG RED