Henry Co. @ Clarksville

SEC1rules

Hmm-- Wonder where Ooltewah, Knoxville West,and Rhea County are rated and why!!!

GO BIG RED

I see now I. rarely look at that system( and haven,t even remembered to check it out this year ) Hard to take any system seriously that ranks Wayne County above Nashville Christian, Union City, Peabody, Huntington, and Dresden. Don't mean to put down Wayne who is really good but come on, man!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to this one even more than I was the Gallatin game. The Wildcats are undefeated and it's away from the friendly confines of Patriot Stadium. Little known fact about this game is that Clarksville High is our oldest rivalry dating back to 1972 with only a few breaks in action, which predates even the Dickson County rivalry (which didn't begin until '77). It's also historically been one of our more competitive ones with HC holding a 20-13 series lead.   

Our region schedule is backloaded this year beginning with this game. I've heard Clarksville is a physical group and is big on the lines. Should be a good test for HC. Our kicking game could potentially be a big factor in this one.   

I played on the 1972 team that played Clarksville we lost 10-7. Clarksville has always Henry County tuff no matter the record. But I think Henry County has the edge here at home. HCHS 35 CHS 10 GO PATRIOTS

The Post-Intelligencer stated:

Counce said he was tipped off by the West Creek coaching staff that Clarksville has been preparing for this matchup for a while.

“Clarksville is all in for this deal. They have all our game films and have been putting in a lot of time to get ready for us,†he said.

“I know our guys will get ready for that kind of game, but we’ll need a big crowd to help us out at their place.â€

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a little comical.

1st I doubt Coach Counce needs advice or tips from the 0-6 Coyotes

2nd Coach Counce has had the luxury of a scrimmage game to help get ready for his road trip to Clarksville.

3rd Clarksville does see HC as the standard within the district to achieve and they have been preparing for this game all off-season in their new strength facility. But to imply that Clarksville has somehow been preparing for this game while competing against teams like Rossview and Springfield is just silly.

The Post-Intelligencer stated:

Counce said he was tipped off by the West Creek coaching staff that Clarksville has been preparing for this matchup for a while.

“Clarksville is all in for this deal. They have all our game films and have been putting in a lot of time to get ready for us,†he said.

“I know our guys will get ready for that kind of game, but we’ll need a big crowd to help us out at their place.â€

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a little comical.

1st I doubt Coach Counce needs advice or tips from the 0-6 Coyotes

2nd Coach Counce has had the luxury of a scrimmage game to help get ready for his road trip to Clarksville.

3rd Clarksville does see HC as the standard within the district to achieve and they have been preparing for this game all off-season in their new strength facility. But to imply that Clarksville has somehow been preparing for this game while competing against teams like Rossview and Springfield is just silly.

C'mon Pilgrim, you're reading way too much into this. Your 3rd statement says it all, "They have been preparing for this game all off-season" and likely have the game circled on the schedule. Doesn't mean they implied you overlooked Rossview and Springfield at all...

All of the Clarksville schools probably talk a lot about Henry County and the need to even the score a bit. But believe me, Henry County doesn't take anyone from Clarksville lightly. The "tipped off" part was likely just a comment after the game from the Coyotes coach. I doubt seriously that is was meant any other way.

Don't see see the big deal. I'm sure CHS coaches havec put a little extra time into prepping for this one. It would be a huge step for CHS to win and Shelby knows firsthand what that kind of win can do for a program.

With that said, I think HC has fun playing the villain to the feel good story this week.

Edited by RedSwarm

Just to be clear.

Although beating Henry County is the measuring stick, there is no win more important on our schedule than Rossview.

Anyone here can stomach another loss to HC. But losing to Rossview will not be tolerated at Clarksville High.

It's not really a big deal, I'm just trying to stir the pot gently this week.