Morristown West (4-1) at Knox Central (4-0)

I see another game that feels close throughout but once it's over you look back and realize West was never in any real trouble. 2 good defenses but I think Delaney is good for at least 2 TDs and I don't see Central putting up more than 10 on the West D

Haha, sounds like the Greeneville game. Central will give us a good fight, no doubt. I think we pull this one out 21-14.

Go Trojans!

I'm seeing alot of the same stuff on here I saw when we played Catholic. I'm hearing "Central is good, but.....". Last year we came up there and scrimmaged Mo West and both teams have basically the same players now. Central DOMINATED that scrimmage and Mo West's varsity with Delaney didn't score. Now I know Mo West has a great defense, IMO one of the best in East Tn, but so does Central. This will be an extremely low scoring game and I honestly don't know who will win, But I will promise you all this. If Mo west doesn't have some sort of passing game in this game, they will not win. Delaney is a great RB, but he won't run wild on Central's defense. 

I'm seeing alot of the same stuff on here I saw when we played Catholic. I'm hearing "Central is good, but.....". Last year we came up there and scrimmaged Mo West and both teams have basically the same players now. Central DOMINATED that scrimmage and Mo West's varsity with Delaney didn't score. Now I know Mo West has a great defense, IMO one of the best in East Tn, but so does Central. This will be an extremely low scoring game and I honestly don't know who will win, But I will promise you all this. If Mo west doesn't have some sort of passing game in this game, they will not win. Delaney is a great RB, but he won't run wild on Central's defense.

The passing game exists, but it's easy to overlook with a back like Delaney. That's why I brought up the 2010 game too, to show that anything can happen.

Trojans win a close one.

Going on a scrimmage from a year ago isn't really a strong argument. I watched central play Thursday and I was impressed with their defense, however only scoring 13 on a very average Carter team doesn't give me much confidence in their chances Friday. Jeff County put up 34 on that same Carter team and only managed 7 garbage time points against West. And overlook Delaney if you want, he's been shut down exactly once in his career and that was this year against Fulton because Fulton's nose basically set up camp in the West backfield. He doesn't have to go for 300 to beat Central, he just needs about 5 yards a pop to set up the play action game and West is in business.

Edited by motownanddown