Glencliff player getting suspended?

Swipes

Anyone saying this was not intentional is obviously biased for one reason or another. He clearly knew where the ref was standing and clearly prepared for impact. That looked nothing like someone unknowningly running into someone or something. This is down right pathetic. Someone said something about "was there a bad call?" I don't care if the ref called a doube dribble on the kid the play before, that is never acceptable on any football field. That ref's livelihood was put in jeporady by some teenager with an anger issue. I can't believe some of the school officials offer up the excuse that this kid gets A' s and prays. Like smart religious kids never did no wrong. If I'm a ref at a future Glencliff game the coach starts complaing about a no call, I turn and say "the kid gets A's and prays before the game, coach, he couldn't have done something wrong" and turn and smile. I wonder if the officials have enough organization to boycott, maybe at least Glencliff games, to get their message across. This is a huge smack in their faces by Glencliff and the TSSAA. I'd like to spit in Benard's face right about now. Especially since they pulled this crap by suspending the ref. The TSSAA looks lame and pathetic. Sad day for TN high school athletics.  

Anyone saying this was not intentional is obviously biased for one reason or another. He clearly knew where the ref was standing and clearly prepared for impact. That looked nothing like someone unknowningly running into someone or something. This is down right pathetic. Someone said something about "was there a bad call?" I don't care if the ref called a doube dribble on the kid the play before, that is never acceptable on any football field. That ref's livelihood was put in jeporady by some teenager with an anger issue. I can't believe some of the school officials offer up the excuse that this kid gets A' s and prays. Like smart religious kids never did no wrong. If I'm a ref at a future Glencliff game the coach starts complaing about a no call, I turn and say "the kid gets A's and prays before the game, coach, he couldn't have done something wrong" and turn and smile. I wonder if the officials have enough organization to boycott, maybe at least Glencliff games, to get their message across. This is a huge smack in their faces by Glencliff and the TSSAA. I'd like to spit in Benard's face right about now. Especially since they pulled this crap by suspending the ref. The TSSAA looks lame and pathetic. Sad day for TN high school athletics.

"He clearly knew" everyone who disagrees with me is clearly biased..... Really? So let me guess you can mind read? You my friend have an opinion, and as much as it may hurt you for me to say this, it's just an opinion and it's more likely wrong than right.

"He clearly knew" everyone who disagrees with me is clearly biased..... Really? So let me guess you can mind read? You my friend have an opinion, and as much as it may hurt you for me to say this, it's just an opinion and it's more likely wrong than right.

MJ, his own dad suspended him for a game. As a father I can guarantee you if I thought my son was in the right I would defend him with every part of my being. And if I thought he was wrong, I would punish him.

The PC police have taken this and run with it. The boy is 5 yards  behind the line of scrimmage. At the snap he runs directly to his left and plows him. No chance of an offensive player being that far over the line of scrimmage that fast. Geez. The kid screwed up and made a bad decision. Let him sit a game and learn from it.

MJ, his own dad suspended him for a game. As a father I can guarantee you if I thought my son was in the right I would defend him with every part of my being. And if I thought he was wrong, I would punish him.

The PC police have taken this and run with it. The boy is 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. At the snap he runs directly to his left and plows him. No chance of an offensive player being that far over the line of scrimmage that fast. Geez. The kid screwed up and made a bad decision. Let him sit a game and learn from it.

Have you ever thought of a parent feeling obligated to make a decision regarding there son based off of the communities outrage? Yeah ponder on that thought for awhile.... In other words he had to do something or else he would have dealt with backlash from the "support refs" movement.

An article I read quoted the referee, he said that on the previous play the kid said to  me, "you're getting in my way" and I replied, "how long have you been playing football?  That the ref was part of the field and that you will have to go around me.  The play clock was running down, the ball was snapped and that's when he hit me."

Wow, it seems pretty clear to me.  That looked to be intentional to me.  Just my opinion and yes, I know what opinions are like.  Everybody has one.  Plus, his own dad/head coach suspended him and that was over ruled by the AD.  Wow!

The ref was suspended because apparently he was not entirely forthcoming with his background information that he gave the TSSAA when registering.  He may have left a few things out.   

Edited by oridgecat

Have you ever thought of a parent feeling obligated to make a decision regarding there son based off of the communities outrage? Yeah ponder on that thought for awhile.... In other words he had to do something or else he would have dealt with backlash from the "support refs" movement.

MJ I agree with you completely. I am in the camp of he did it intentionally but if he was not suspended by TSSAA, his father/coach suspending him very well may be to protect his own child. I believe I would've reacted the same way that he did. I would not want my child to have to put up with what we all think and are saying in the media.

I actually know the coach. You don't know jack. His son made a bad decision. People like you have turned it into way more than it should have become.

Now the "powers that be" are running from the PC police.

This is what our country has become. Scared to take a stand for what we believe because it might offend someone else.

I don't have an opinion on this golden bear, just cold hard facts that are on video. Maybe bias was the wrong word, delusional might be better. School should have taken action and removed the kid from any athletics for the remainder of the school year and when they didn't, the TSSAA should have stepped up. Kid and coach may be good people, but good people make mistakes everyday and they normally have to face the consequences. The administrators set a horrible example, especially those that reverse the silly one game suspension.

I don't have an opinion on this golden bear, just cold hard facts that are on video. Maybe bias was the wrong word, delusional might be better. School should have taken action and removed the kid from any athletics for the remainder of the school year and when they didn't, the TSSAA should have stepped up. Kid and coach may be good people, but good people make mistakes everyday and they normally have to face the consequences. The administrators set a horrible example, especially those that reverse the silly one game suspension.

+1!

Amen brother!