Glencliff player getting suspended?

Swipes

Thoughts and opinions on the topic? After reading the article and watching the video why is Glencliff even suspending Easley? I hope the official never gets to ref another game after his comments. As a player going for the RB your going to tell me I have to avoid you, because your to slow to get out of the way? Let the kid play!

http://www.wsmv.com/story/30095612/glencliff-player-suspended-for-hit-on-referee

Edited by Swipes

Just like going through the legal system, if there is not definitive evidence to deem someone guilty (especially when a video has surfaced) then the act/intention cannot be proven. We can't all sit here and say "oh it kinda looked like it was intentional" it's one way or the other.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

The player is the coach's son and the coach suspended him for a game.

Ought to tell you something right there.

There you have it! Kuddos to the Coach. It didn't look kind of intentional it looked completely intentional. He could just as easily used one hand to bump him but the player got full extension of his arms in the hit/shove. Right call by the coach. 

• Upvote 1

There you have it! Kuddos to the Coach. It didn't look kind of intentional it looked completely intentional. He could just as easily used one hand to bump him but the player got full extension of his arms in the hit/shove. Right call by the coach.

Deserved a one game suspension for safety measure? Sure! We are talking about a referee getting shoved to the ground, not a punch, not a hit, not an assault by any measure. The ref just called in from the hospital, he said he suffered a bruised ego. All jokes aside, the player looked as if he could have avoided that situation, I feel a one game suspension is perfect no more, no less. Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Unless he comes out and says I did it on purpose it's called speculation and you can't punish on speculation. When I played I had ran over a ref trying to get to the ball carrier on a sweep play it's called part of the game. It's my job to bring the ball carrier down and I'm going to go through anybody and everyone to get there (that was my mentality as a LB when i played, and my coach loved it). I didn't care if it was my mom, grandma, ref, coach, etc. The person I was on the field and the one off the field were 2 different people lol

Looked like he took a step toward the red, fully extended his arms and then went on to pursue the play. I thought all along it was intentional. Didn't have the same brutality as the play in TX, but should have never happened. Heard someone say on another thread that the kid was too talk to see the crouched over ref. Sounds to me like there are several people justifying (making excuses for) a very bad decision on a kids part.

Looked like he took a step toward the red, fully extended his arms and then went on to pursue the play. I thought all along it was intentional. Didn't have the same brutality as the play in TX, but should have never happened. Heard someone say on another thread that the kid was too talk to see the crouched over ref. Sounds to me like there are several people justifying (making excuses for) a very bad decision on a kids part.

It's called being fair, we have opinions, you have yours.... You're not necessarily right...