Toppers at Boone

UpperDecker

How can there not be a thread on this game? 

Toppers - will Beddard play? 

Boone may be ready to get that 1st victory tonight. They haven't mowed the field in a month and are soaking it down in the rain.

Go Boone!

To answer your first question...   Boone only has a couple of fans on coacht and Science Hill doesn't have many either.

On to the game:     Boone's defense is very stout this year but the offense couldn't run the ball against the average middle school.    And when the passes are on target they get dropped way too often.     So I look for the 1st quarter to be very close, then Science Hill will be up by 14 at halftime, and final score something like 50-10.       So in other words, pretty much the same as every other Boone/SH game.

To answer your first question...   Boone only has a couple of fans on coacht and Science Hill doesn't have many either.

On to the game:     Boone's defense is very stout this year but the offense couldn't run the ball against the average middle school.    And when the passes are on target they get dropped way too often.     So I look for the 1st quarter to be very close, then Science Hill will be up by 14 at halftime, and final score something like 50-10.       So in other words, pretty much the same as every other Boone/SH game.

Yeah, I know about the few fans... but there are dozens of Topper haters on here. I'm setting on Boone's side tonight. Curious to see if Cater plays a QB with Concussion issues just a week ago. Probably will not be allowed to play by Dr's call

GO BOONE!

Yeah, I know about the few fans... but there are dozens of Topper haters on here. I'm setting on Boone's side tonight. Curious to see if Cater plays a QB with Concussion issues just a week ago. Probably will not be allowed to play by Dr's call

GO BOONE!

In this particular game Bedard really won't matter one way or the other.     If he plays it's 50-10, if he doesn't play maybe 40-10.     In either case it's going to be a big win for SH.

Now if he is out for one of SH's 6A games that will be a way different thing.....

A SH fan said they would lose because of the QB not playing.I just said " 10$ " and the subject was changed.This is the time to build some depth at QB.What would SH lose ? Nothing , and gain what they need for the future.SH 30-10

Boone will not score unless some fluke happens till the 2nd half when the subs come in. SHHS defense will shut Boone down. 50-21 game!!!. I haven't read much on here from the Dobyns Bennett faithful this week as all the Topper teams from 7th grade to JV beat the Indians. 4 games with 4 wins by the Toppers. 2 wins were by huge margins. Good things ahead for the Toppers!!!!

Boone will not score unless some fluke happens till the 2nd half when the subs come in. SHHS defense will shut Boone down. 50-21 game!!!. I haven't read much on here from the Dobyns Bennett faithful this week as all the Topper teams from 7th grade to JV beat the Indians. 4 games with 4 wins by the Toppers. 2 wins were by huge margins. Good things ahead for the Toppers!!!!

No way Boone scores 21 on your subs.     We would be lucky to score on your 7th graders.   Not being negative here, just trying to keep it in Realville.....

That being said, Boone's defense is way better than you think.    The problem is that when the offense does 3 and out over and over the defense can only hold for so long.      I look for the 1st quarter to be pretty close and then SH breaks away as the game progresses.    Not to bring up school size or anything, but you really can't expect most 5A schools to compete with one of the largest high schools in the state.    Hey wait a sec, I just brought up school size *sigh*

You must be new to the area. I've seen this happen many times in years past. But then when the varsity games come around it's a different story. South used to do the same thing. I can remember our lower grades having a hard time with Volunteer. I think you guys need to start worrying more about how your going to make up 50 points on Maryville in the years to come.

• Upvote 1

The 10th grade Toppers were really good last year as well.DB has some really good players coming up on the robinson and Sevier teams and I'm sure a player or two will come in as well from other places,nomatter how the 7th and 8th teams do.What I've talked about for months is the changes coach Carter has made and the SH strength program.From everything that I've heard it will be a really nice program over there pretty soon.

Edited by BatmanDB