Trezevant

crow6424

Agree but not unbeatable.

I think TCA or McKenzie could beat Trez on a good night. McKenzies passing attack might give them problems. TCA has a really good passing attack as well to compliment their running game. Trezevant may win the state championship but I am not convinced they are as dominant as they have been the last 4 years. Next year, look out! They may steam roll everyone.

I think TCA or McKenzie could beat Trez on a good night. McKenzies passing attack might give them problems. TCA has a really good passing attack as well to compliment their running game. Trezevant may win the state championship but I am not convinced they are as dominant as they have been the last 4 years. Next year, look out! They may steam roll everyone.

TCA that game is an eye opener. Seems their very beatable and yalls A game last night would have beat them. It should give yall or Mckenzie kids confidence

I agree with you. They are good, but not quite unbeatable like I was thinking.

From the Commercial Appeal:

Trezevant gets by gritty Manassas

By John Varlas of The Commercial Appeal

The first half was pretty much all Manassas. The third quarter belonged to Cordarrian Richardson.

Richardson — Trezevant's highly-touted junior running back — scored two long touchdowns after halftime to kick-start the Bears' offense and send them to a 22-20 victory over a gritty Manassas team in the quarterfinals of the Class 2A playoffs at the Fairgrounds.

Next week, Trezevant (10-3) will be making its third straight semifinal appearance and fourth in the last six years. All of those came in 4A before dropping down to 2A this season.

They'll travel to take on the winner of Friday's game between McKenzie and Trinity Christian.

"Both of those teams are very well-coached," said Bears coach Teli White. "We still have a lot of growing up to do. When you only have two seniors (starting) ... they have to learn to separate themselves from being 15-year-olds wanting to hang out with their peers to doing what it takes to be a Trezevant football player."

Manassas, which entered the playoffs with a 3-7 record before beating MLK Prep and MAHS in the first two rounds, started very crisply and took a 12-0 lead late in the first half on scoring passes of 14 and 10 yards from James Smith to London McGhee.

Trezevant — which turned the ball over four times in the first half and five in total — got on the board just before the break when Jondarius Smalls recovered a Smith fumble on the Manassas seven and Richardson punched it in on the next play.

The Tigers went three-and-out on their first series of the second half and Richardson brought the ensuing punt back 58 yards to make it 14-12. It was his fourth punt return touchdown of the year and he got a great block from TiJuan Mason near midfield to spring him.

Two series later, Richardson was in the end zone again, going up the middle for a 77-yard score that made it 22-12.

"When you've got a stud, you don't keep him locked up in the stable," said White of his star, who has offers from a host of Power Five schools.

Manassas cut it to 22-20 on the last play of the quarter when Smith connected with Deterrio Bledsoe on a 56-yarder but that would be all the scoring.

"We just made a couple of more mistakes than they did," said Tigers coach Carl Coleman after the loss, which ended the deepest playoff run in school history.

"I'm not disappointed ... a lot of people counted us out, but we really jelled at the right time."

Edited by kwc

The portion of that article that I highlighted is coach Teli White in a nutshell. HE is why they are good. He is such a 'no nonsense' type of guy there is.

Trezevant had a multiple turnover game last year. It just happened to be against Fulton in the championship game. I doubt they have another one. Whoever plays Trezevant next is going to have to stop Mr. Richardson all night. Good luck with that! That Trezevant D is just outstanding. That's what won them the ball game last night.

I'm looking forward to their next performance. It's good to have a game like that going into the semi-finals. It will definately get the players attention. They will be locked and loaded next week.

Edited by kwc

2 seniors? If you're going to win 2A it better be done this season because it sounds like next year is a wrap.

Ambassador ... it's obvious. Coach White doesn't coddle his players. There are more seniors on that team then 2. In his eyes, they aren't deserving of PT in front of the underclassmen that perform. If you play for coach Teli ... you have to bring your lunch pail every day. If you don't, you stand on the sidelines while a younger person who will bring their lunch pail everyday plays in your stead. I just loves how he's harping on the 2 that do start! That man is relentless!

Edited by kwc

The portion of that article that I highlighted is coach Teli White in a nutshell. HE is why they are good. He is such a 'no nonsense' type of guy there is.

Trezevant had a multiple turnover game last year. It just happened to be against Fulton in the championship game. I doubt they have another one. Whoever plays Trezevant next is going to have to stop Mr. Richardson all night. Good luck with that! That Trezevant D is just outstanding. That's what won them the ball game last night.

I'm looking forward to their next performance. It's good to have a game like that going into the semi-finals. It will definately get the players attention. They will be locked and loaded nect week.

Take a look at the Trezevant team photo I posted on here back on the other page. Can you tell if that's this years team or last year.