Signal Mountain @ Red Bank

MountainTroll

Two struggling teams will go at it Friday night, and that usually translates into an exciting game. The winner of this game still has a chance for the 4 seed in the region and a round one playoff game. The loser most likely is out of playoff contention. That should be ample motivation for both teams.

Both teams have played brutal schedules and are probably a little better than their records indicate. Red Bank has the better speed and athletic ability, but Signal is probably more disciplined and better conditioned. Red Bank will score some points with their speed and athleticism. Signal needs to control the clock, protect the ball, and finish drives to win.

This game will come down to turnovers, special teams, and mental mistakes. Guess we'll find out who wants it more.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signal is probably more disciplined and better conditioned. Red Bank will score some points with their speed and athleticism. Signal needs to control the clock, protect the ball

GO EAGLES ! ! !

All this conditioning you keep hanging your hat on is getting ridiculous. There is not enough depth for conditioning to come in to play. No amount of conditioning will give your lineman enough gas in the tank to be effective going both ways all night long. I'm rooting for your Eagles, I just think your going to have to get lucky to pull off a win this year. But a lucky win is a win so good luck. Edited by mcvolfan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• My opinion the 8 teams will be-  Greenback, Wartburg, Gordonsville, Jo Byrns, Eagleville, Bruceton, Dresden, and South Fulton. Gordonsviile is probably the favorite but I wont say it will be an easy road. With the right draw any of the 8 could win it.
    • I understand Gibson Co. will be announced tomorrow with a familiar name. Not sure about So. Gibson.
    • A huge addition to the staff today! Former Hardin Valley legend and Richmond College running back Aaron Dykes was announced as the running backs coach. Rushed for over 3,000 yards at HVA, with 35 total touchdowns. I loved watching in Hardin Valley. I can’t believe he’s at Bearden now. I know he was trying to get a HVA job, I don’t know what happened there and how he ended up at Bearden, but I'm glad he’s here and believe he will be teaching art class as well! What a good get for the staff!!
    • Thoughts? Gordonsville won it last year with a sophomore pitcher and returned almost everybody. Can anyone beat them?
    • I was kind of surprised to read this. I thought the general concision was most programs are going back to natural grass. Personally, I have never liked turf. I see the arguments on both side for or against it. I just never liked them. Also, I did not know there as an impaction test that these fields had to pass. Good stuff OP