Rossview @ Henry County

redblooded

We will bring the passing and you bring your umbrella because we are going to be raining on your 4 game shutout parade.

The weather was bad Friday and that slowed our offense down some but the weather is supposed to great this week and we will be primed and ready.

GO HAWKS!

We played in the same bad weather on a muddy cow pasture in Clarksville and it didn't slow HC's offense.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will have success throwing the ball for sure. We are the best passing team Henry County has seen so far and should be able to score a lot of points. We struggled to stop CHS, but shut Dickson down and should have a good chance at slowing Henry County down now that our defense is clicking! I'm saying 42-28 Hawks!

I'm starting to think this guy is a CHS plant to get the Patriots all fired up or just friendly trash talk. Rossview is extremely young. Beating HC will be a great challenge. I will say I have seen only one game where passing was a priority by Rossview. The history has always been the run and there is some talent there. Is it good enough, we'll have to see Friday night. They can pass and they can run. Like I said earlier, Rossview is like a box of chocolate, you don't know what your going to get. I do know what to expect from the Patriots, a very tough defense.Apparently, their offense is not bad either. Looking forward to a great game. 

Finally, someone from Henry County who gets it. We are great at passing, Henry County (according to all of you HC people on this board) has struggled defending the pass. This will be the biggest test Henry County faces all year

"Struggled" is relative.  

Our "struggles" have led to an average of less than a touchdown per game against us.  In Fact, we have intercepted more passes than have been thrown for touchdowns.  The team we "struggled" the most against the pass scored nearly as much against 6A powerhouse Whitehaven.

Henry County is a Beast, but they are beatable. 

Just not by Rossview.

The credit for HC’s shutouts are really two fold. The first is obviously their defense, but their offense should get almost as much credit.

They are a team that is plays best with a lead. Good long drives on offense are the best way to shutdown Rossview’s QB.

I believe the difference for the HC / CHS game really was only a hand full of plays. 2 Fumbles and 2 dropped passes was all it took for HC to seize control of the game. Once a team like HC gets a 2 TD advantage it’s almost game over.

Edited by Pilgrim

How was Houston's passing against Whitehaven?

Houston's passing game was very effective in the 4th quarter. They took what the defense gave them. They had about a lttle more then a third (179 yds) of the passing yards against Whitehaven as they did you against you guys (438 yds) ... but when it mattered they executed. I was  impressed with their short passing game.

Edited by kwc

I'll tell you up front that I highly doubt Rossview's passing attack is as good as Houston's.  We'll find out Friday I guess.  

They, Houston, really aired it out against you guys. Their QB completed 23 of 36 passes to three different receivers. One recevier (Parks O'Neill, #7) caught 10 passes for 248 yards. Another receiver (Chanse Pullen, #8) caught 10 passes for 164 yards. Those two obviously did the most damage. I don't know how many of those passes were short yardage passes that turned into big gains ... but whatever they did, it was effective that night.

Like I said, I was impressed with Houston's passing game. I've seen another that is better ... but not by much, and that is Arlington's.

I'm curious about Rossview's now.

Henry County is a Beast, but they are beatable. 

Just not by Rossview.

The credit for HC’s shutouts are really two fold. The first is obviously their defense, but their offense should get almost as much credit.

They are a team that is plays best with a lead. Good long drives on offense are the best way to shutdown Rossview’s QB.

I believe the difference for the HC / CHS game really was only a hand full of plays. 2 Fumbles and 2 dropped passes was all it took for HC to seize control of the game. Once a team like HC gets a 2 TD advantage it’s almost game over.

I think you are on to something here Pilgrim. If the offense is just good enough to give the defense a rest every now and then, it is very tough to get a score on this Defense. And then once you give them a lead, its very VERY tough. They are seriously hungry for shutouts!

Go Big RED!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

They, Houston, really aired it out against you guys. Their QB completed 23 of 36 passes to three different receivers. One recevier (Parks O'Neill, #7) caught 10 passes for 248 yards. Another receiver (Chanse Pullen, #8) caught 10 passes for 164 yards. Those two obviously did the most damage. I don't know how many of those passes were short yardage passes that turned into big gains ... but whatever they did, it was effective that night.

Like I said, I was impressed with Houston's passing game. I've seen another that is better ... but not by much, and that is Arlington's.

I'm curious about Rossview's now.

A lot of them were deep passes.  They spread us out with 4 WR's most of the time and had at least 2 deep options almost ever play.  It was frustrating to see, but it put a lot of mistakes on film that I think the defense learned from.