2A poll 9.28.15

GeneralForrest

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest would've had the same result against Peabody that Marion did last year. Very similar teams. Don't live in the past. Live in the present and pay us a visit sometime. Maybe no one is in Trezevant's (edit: league), although I notice they avoided CPA and Alcoa last year. Forrest could absolutely hang with GCA and probably Adamsville. Not saying we would beat those teams. Don't know enough about Boyd to comment.

Forrest would have gotten beat much worse than Marion County did last season. The west was stronger for sure, but Marion would have beaten Forrest badly. I'm not a Marion County fan at all, but just telling you like it is.

So Forrest isn't a contender based on "sounds..."

Got it

Forrest isn't a legit contender from the east. No sir, they are not. Marion County has a really good football team as does Boyd Buchanan and some others I mentioned. Forrest is probably the 6th-7th best team in the east. Again, that's great how they have improved so much over the years. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Much worse than 34-7 huh (Peabody- Marion final that was 28-0 in the 3rd)

You're telling me how it is and you haven't seen our team. I'm happy to deal in reality. Marion wasn't as good as Adamsville or TCA last year, and they lucked out over GCA. They were lucky to be there against Peabody. Certainly not light years ahead of Forrest.

, Now, in sticking with your assertion, please name the 6 or 7 teams from the East that are BETTER than Forrest currently. I'll hang up and listen

I believe Forrest is a legit top ten team. Can we play with the before mentioned who knows. I do know we are building a solid program from the youth up and the future looks very bright. All run the same offense so it's plug and play. We also have not made it out of the second round and have not won a district/ region title in over 20 yrs, but we all know ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. We have a lot of work to do before we can go there.