West at Farragut

WestHigh4Life

I took my kids to West for the education - see we have something in common. Does Farragut have the IB Program? It's kind of fun to have a VERY strong academic institution that can also play Football. You'll have your chance to roll us up come baseball season.

And no the Air Force kid was an outside linebacker. We run a 3-4 and I'm pretty sure most of the o and d line returned this year pretty well intact. Even if you win the second time around, we would just be even for the season at 1-1 - I call that a tie.

The defense keeps getting better and better.  The great thing is most of the D is back again next year too!  The freshman class that beat the Maryville freshman are now juniors.  Did you know that #76, our "all state" player on the OL, played injured in the Farragut Game?  He has a high ankle spraine.  He gutted it out against Farragut. Great effort!

The OL does the best they can do given all the injurys.  No question that they are missing the burners from last year but they have adapted and are doing what they can with what they have.  When the OL sputters, the D keeps them in the came.  I'm proud of our guys!

The defense keeps getting better and better. The great thing is most of the D is back again next year too! The freshman class that beat the Maryville freshman are now juniors. Did you know that #76, our "all state" player on the OL, played injured in the Farragut Game? He has a high ankle spraine. He gutted it out against Farragut. Great effort!

The OL does the best they can do given all the injurys. No question that they are missing the burners from last year but they have adapted and are doing what they can with what they have. When the OL sputters, the D keeps them in the came. I'm proud of our guys![/

True!

Did he really say CC was better? Seriously?! As I've said numerous times already, teams like West the last two years do not come around very often. Of course they're not as good this year. But you know what that means? It means They dropped from Elite/Unstoppable to pretty darn good. So your point is null, Garcia. West will just keep winning I guess.

Not hoping. I don't have a dog in the fight. Nothing will make me feel better about that thumping we took. Just stating facts. Farragut is good, and West isn't as good this year. It will be a multi-score game. Farragut, Oak Ridge, and Morristown West are the upper-tier teams of East Tennessee in 5A. West and Sevier County aren't up there.

This is quite possibly the most interesting statement on the thread.

sorry hare don't stay on as much as some     prove you wrong? you have an opinion  I have one also mine is west was better last year than this year ----only proof --2014 west 49 fhs 30  2015 west 9 fhs 7  you say its the same fhs team ?ok? if true you explain scores---btw fhs best defensive player imo (72 tackles 8 sacks 11 tfl -6 games) was out this year  would last years team lose to sevier? escape h-v(2014 w-55 h-v-8  2015 w-15 h-v 14)??

I've been around a long time and seen the ups and downs of many programs but I can remember one time when West was the doormat of Knoxville High School Football and I was very glad to see them win a state championship last year and the great work Scott Cummings did to pull that program out of the fire. I hope that program never returns to that mess again. I've been to games there a long time ago and you could hand count less than a fifty people in the West stands and now it's full. I think they have done a great job under the new coach from Loudon. They made some changes that I thought they shouldn't have but it seems everyone has caught on. I would be the first to say them winning against Farragut caught me my surprise. I was half awake when they ran that score on TV and thought I had dreamed that the next morning until I looked at the paper.

sorry hare don't stay on as much as some prove you wrong? you have an opinion I have one also mine is west was better last year than this year ----only proof --2014 west 49 fhs 30 2015 west 9 fhs 7 you say its the same fhs team ?ok? if true you explain scores---btw fhs best defensive player imo (72 tackles 8 sacks 11 tfl -6 games) was out this year would last years team lose to sevier? escape h-v(2014 w-55 h-v-8 2015 w-15 h-v 14)??

Funny thing is I don't think this team is as explosive as last years team offensively. You are right. That's obvious, so we beat FHS 9-7

So that makes this years FHS team not as good as last years FHS? Also that player you speak of. He didn't play against West last year either. Was suspended. And maybe just maybe West starting RB out For the year maybe makes a difference as well. Since 3 of his last 4 games he played he had 100 rushing yards in those games. So your opinion fits an agenda and the fact is West beat a farragut team that everyone believed to be superior to West and others.

wait ....you asked me to prove you wrong about west not being as good this year vs last?? did I not give you examples why I believe that?  like I said over and over its my fn opinion sorry that a stupid message board opinion hurts your feelings--- my agenda??? you really are reaching.... my only agenda is taking care of my family..i gave an opinion you gave one --fair enough  I get your point about the rb for yall -- my point about 45 has no agenda --was a good hs lb last year--dl he has been outstanding    that's all      so you understand ---------west obviously is/was better than farrragut Friday and last year ---imo west aint is good this year  and if we are so unlucky to play west in playoffs we will see if they are better that night             if that happens maybe we can discuss face to face   again no hard feelings at least on my part

wait ....you asked me to prove you wrong about west not being as good this year vs last?? did I not give you examples why I believe that? like I said over and over its my fn opinion sorry that a stupid message board opinion hurts your feelings--- my agenda??? you really are reaching.... my only agenda is taking care of my family..i gave an opinion you gave one --fair enough I get your point about the rb for yall -- my point about 45 has no agenda --was a good hs lb last year--dl he has been outstanding that's all so you understand ---------west obviously is/was better than farrragut Friday and last year ---imo west aint is good this year and if we are so unlucky to play west in playoffs we will see if they are better that night if that happens maybe we can discuss face to face again no hard feelings at least on my part

I gave you the answer that west offensively isn't as good. Agreed. But what I am saying is that 45 would make a difference for sure. The fact is West hasn't gotten the respect as a program it deserves this year period. That win Friday may have given at least a little bit. This west program is 64-13 in the last 5 and half seasons now and the winningest 5A program in the state and we get no respect from anyone. But maybe just maybe we will now beating a good farragut team. Have a great day and face to face would be great!