AP Top 10 1A Oct 5

Southtowner

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

It is sad the top teams are in Region 7 (west tn) and we will eliminate each other. And then Reg.5&6 loaded too, a west-central mix of teams. Thus the Reg 5-8 bracket has top 5 or 6 teams. The silver will probaby be going to 6th or lower best team. (Unless the West bracket gets beat. Anything possible!) . But, it is what it is. No system perfect, just gotta do best you can.

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Don't think because any of these teams in the east have 1 or 2 losses that they couldn't beat some of those west teams. Our region plays up a lot of classifications in our non conference games. We'll all see when some of those lower ranked west teams play the highest ranked west teams just how close they are top to bottom.

Don't think because any of these teams in the east have 1 or 2 losses that they couldn't beat some of those west teams. Our region plays up a lot of classifications in our non conference games. We'll all see when some of those lower ranked west teams play the highest ranked west teams just how close they are top to bottom.

we all have our opinions and debates, but you can not debate huntingdon out of conf schedule year in and out always one of the toughest schedules.

Not bashing but everybody in the west plays up in non conference games also and the east ain't what it used to be. They can't compete with the west this year.

Guest Fall101

Not bashing but everybody in the west plays up in non conference games also and the east ain't what it used to be. They can't compete with the west this year.

That is a very bold statement. I am gonna have to disagree. The east may not win it all but they will be able to compete with some west teams.

That is a very bold statement. I am gonna have to disagree. The east may not win it all but they will be able to compete with some west teams.

They're only going to get to compete with one, and the one that comes out on top from the west will mercy rule whoever comes out of the east. And like I said I'm in no way bashing just been keeping up with football for many years now and the east is down and the west is way up. It hasn't been but a few years back that I was saying just the opposite. That's just my opinion, I hope every championship game goes to three overtimes but won't happen in 1a.

I get your point Wildcat. I was referring to the post that implied all the ranked west teams were more worthy and would beat any of the east teams. I don't know that I would agree with that. What would that be based on? Unless that person saw our best east teams play and made that statement based on what they saw. The landscape has definitely changed because now our top east teams with 190-230 or so students are competing against much much larger west 1A schools with many pushing close to 400 students. That was not the case in years past.

I get your point Wildcat. I was referring to the post that implied all the ranked west teams were more worthy and would beat any of the east teams. I don't know that I would agree with that. What would that be based on? Unless that person saw our best east teams play and made that statement based on what they saw. The landscape has definitely changed because now our top east teams with 190-230 or so students are competing against much much larger west 1A schools with many pushing close to 400 students. That was not the case in years past.

I agree that it's a disadvantage for a school with 200 to have to compete with schools with 350 or more students and that may be the biggest reason for the shift from east to west but looking at a lot of these schools from both sides of the state the west is loaded with talented athletes that are putting up some big numbers. Also when you look at rosters and you have schools of around 300 dressing out around 60 players you can bet there's something good going on with their program.

IMO the top "East" school is Columbia Academy and WC is VERY familiar with them. They best us by 1 last season on the last play of the game. We scored a TD and elected to go for the 2pt conv and the win instead of playing for OT (we where on the road) but the refs said we was an inch short. CA also went on to play NCS in the 3rd rd last yr but lost in a really good game.

I believe that CA and Coalfield (IF the QB can come back healthy by the playoffs) are y'all's 2 best teams. Im just not convinced that any of the other East teams could hang in a game with any of the Top 5 West teams. Greenback, Harriman, Oneida, Fayetteville and South Pitt are the 2nd tier after CA & Coalfield IMO.

I just think the West is far and away better 1-5 than the East is this yr.