Webb @ The Ridge

SweetScience

No, they were Senior's that year. I lived over there at the time and went and watched them a few times. I'm sure Webb was good, but beating the Evangelical Christian's of the world St. George's is a lot different than playing with Alcoa in 2010. That was a wrecking crew of a team. And I am not biased at all for Alcoa, but I do know how dominant they were that year, just ask Rebelwoman.

I agree with that. I would say though outside of Maryville alcoa doesn't have a much tougher schedule then Webb. Tougher but not much. 3A ball is very too heavy and everyone else is very weak imo.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Did you watch those Webb games? Cause starters were out by early 3rd quarter. Meske refuses to run the score up on anyone. I wish he would simply for arguments like this. But he's not like that at all and values getting young guys reps more then making a game look ugly. Even so what can you tell from a blowout score? Nothing. If you had blown them out and we had loss Id see your point. But all those games were blow outs so that doesn't tell you much except for Webb and OR were way better then halls and central (both 5a schools who according to someone earlier Webb couldn't have a chance to beat them because they are bigger schools) Once again for you slow of thinking, I never said Webb would wins all those games against Oak Ridge. I simply said they would have been predicted to thus making it a win for the Oak Ridge program to play a team that was supposedly "better" whether we were or wernt. That's my point. Yall can't really be that slow? Please tell me someone gets that point.

You're so busy telling the world how great Webb is that you totally are missing MY point. Gaddis made a mistake in scheduling Webb because OAK RIDGERS, the only people who matter for him, will ALWAYS expect OR to beat Webb, no matter how many state championships Webb wins in their small division. It doesn't matter if the Knoxville media says Webb is the favorite...it doesn't matter if YOU say Webb is favored to win....nothing matters except those fans in OR and they will NEVER expect OR, even in a down year, to be the underdog to any small division private school...NOT EVER.  Do you understand? And Gaddis is an idiot for scheduling them because it's a NO WIN SITUATION for OR!!!!!!!

Because I actually am reasonable and don't make rash arguments I will openly admit that the only Webb team out of those years that would have had a shot was the 2005 team. Had a lot of size and D1 talent on that team. Otherwise no. Oak ridge wins all those.

Looks like everyone had a fun discussion today. The only thing I would contribute is a response to the 2005 comment. Really? Obviously a mistake. Do you know what Oak Ridge had in 2005? Here are links to the two schools 2005 seasons.

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/webb-spartans-(knoxville,tn)/football-fall-05/schedule.htm

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/oak-ridge-wildcats-(oak-ridge,tn)/football-fall-05/schedule.htm

You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Webbs football program is consistently the best out of those three programs. No one is scared of Catholic or losing players to them. And CAK would have beat Catholic this year. Trust me.

Over the past 15 years Catholic actually has the edge over Webb and I don't think we've ever lost to CAK..My theory on Webb and CAK refusing to play Catholic does involve losing players. With Webb's low numbers, I don't see them beating Catholic for a while. We embarrassed CAK last year at their place. If I were the parent of a middle schooler, I would certainly feel like Catholic is a better program right now for my child. 

What do you know Vul ? That's the story I heard from Gaddis himself

Nu, I will just say he only went with the Webb game because West was a winner in the Fulton lottery. West I do believe originally had Webb scheduled. Smart move by Coach Gaddis. I wouldn't wanna play the Dirty Birds either.

After watching Webb last week on TV I think the game will be a tough one.  Their offense is one that we haven't faced and Webb may be young but they're good.  I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us, although I sure hope not.  The game really doesn't mean much to OR and our game with CC next week is huge. 

Looks like everyone had a fun discussion today. The only thing I would contribute is a response to the 2005 comment. Really? Obviously a mistake. Do you know what Oak Ridge had in 2005? Here are links to the two schools 2005 seasons.

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/webb-spartans-(knoxville,tn)/football-fall-05/schedule.htm

http://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/oak-ridge-wildcats-(oak-ridge,tn)/football-fall-05/schedule.htm

I said a shot not that they would. They both lost in the state championship that year. They both had great seasons. They both only lost to two teams.

Over the past 15 years Catholic actually has the edge over Webb and I don't think we've ever lost to CAK..My theory on Webb and CAK refusing to play Catholic does involve losing players. With Webb's low numbers, I don't see them beating Catholic for a while. We embarrassed CAK last year at their place. If I were the parent of a middle schooler, I would certainly feel like Catholic is a better program right now for my child.

Okay and over the past 6 Webb has had the edge. And over the past 25, 30, 35, 40....

You're so busy telling the world how great Webb is that you totally are missing MY point. Gaddis made a mistake in scheduling Webb because OAK RIDGERS, the only people who matter for him, will ALWAYS expect OR to beat Webb, no matter how many state championships Webb wins in their small division. It doesn't matter if the Knoxville media says Webb is the favorite...it doesn't matter if YOU say Webb is favored to win....nothing matters except those fans in OR and they will NEVER expect OR, even in a down year, to be the underdog to any small division private school...NOT EVER. Do you understand? And Gaddis is an idiot for scheduling them because it's a NO WIN SITUATION for OR!!!!!!!

Well clearly Oak Ridgers need to get out their little closed bubble and breathing the fumes from the plant and see what the rest of East Tennessee and the people who are actually paid to cover teams proffesionaly think. If oak ridge people are that misinformed then I feel bad that your coach has to deal with that. On the other hand if they are that misinformed I do see your point. Either way maybe yall should check the chemicals in the water and hope it's not affecting anymore than just your high school football knowledge. Because everyone outside of oak ridge knows Webb traditionally is no pushover and would be favored in most of the past 6 previous years matchups.

Edited by Spartan4Life