The Original Battle Of The Boro Oakland Riverdale

warrior82dad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol anybody that seriously thought that Riverdale could upgrade at HC after Rankin needs to get their head checked. Would have made the same statement in 2005. Aydellot had a nice resume`, but not even close to what Rankin had. Creasy on the other hand is about the same age as McDaniel and has a resume`that at least equals his, despite what people think about winning titles in lower classes.

I made those statements about the improvements to the program to illustrate how hard it will be for Oakland to struggle long term. It's still about the kids, but when you have so many built-in advantages its going to show on the field

Maybe not an upgrade in Coach's since Rankin left but R'dale COULD have had an indoor facility just as good as Oakland's For some reason Coach A could not get an assistant to handle the logistics for the concrete work for the building that was being GIVEN to R'dale. That was his FIRST year here.

For the player's things have only gone down hill since then.

Maybe not an upgrade in Coach's since Rankin left but R'dale COULD have had an indoor facility just as good as Oakland's For some reason Coach A could not get an assistant to handle the logistics for the concrete work for the building that was being GIVEN to R'dale. That was his FIRST year here.

For the player's things have only gone down hill since then.

IMO, that's something you leave up to the booster club or administration. Far as I know, the coaches at Oakland had very minimal input when it came to the funding and legwork/logistics of the indoor facility.

Indoor facility is just one of the many things Riverdale could do. Truth is, Oakland and Blackman place a higher priority on football than Riverdale does. You can spit stats off demographics or whatever else, but fact of the matter is the principal's unusual loyalty to his faculty hinders Riverdale.

IMO, that's something you leave up to the booster club or administration. Far as I know, the coaches at Oakland had very minimal input when it came to the funding and legwork/logistics of the indoor facility.

Indoor facility is just one of the many things Riverdale could do. Truth is, Oakland and Blackman place a higher priority on football than Riverdale does. You can spit stats off demographics or whatever else, but fact of the matter is the principal's unusual loyalty to his faculty hinders Riverdale

Based on the County BOE's new policies and guidelines for booster clubs I expect to see less and less money coming into these programs. There needs to be a little more thought in how to best serve these programs and their fans. I say serve , because these programs generate a fair amount of revenue for the the schools, and many of the fans are not student's parents or alumn.  I would love to see the indoor facility at Blackman as well, but we just have to do it the old fashion way when weather is bad..use the gym. While Riverdale could use some love, they are certainly not in the shape that Smyrna or Lavergne are in. 

Based on the County BOE's new policies and guidelines for booster clubs I expect to see less and less money coming into these programs. There needs to be a little more thought in how to best serve these programs and their fans. I say serve , because these programs generate a fair amount of revenue for the the schools, and many of the fans are not student's parents or alumn. I would love to see the indoor facility at Blackman as well, but we just have to do it the old fashion way when weather is bad..use the gym. While Riverdale could use some love, they are certainly not in the shape that Smyrna or Lavergne are in.

Let's be honest, all it is going to do is force these programs and booster clubs to get creative in fundraising. Maybe if the county re-invested into these schools instead of leaving them on their own after their built, they wouldn't have this problem

Let's be honest, all it is going to do is force these programs and booster clubs to get creative in fundraising. Maybe if the county re-invested into these schools instead of leaving them on their own after their built, they wouldn't have this problem

It's always interesting when it comes to donors in this county. One of the biggest Oakland donors is a Riverdale hall of famer. That's why they got their new facility and scoreboard. All we have is a whole in the ground and a couple of life long supporters who seem to be holding their check books back using their leverage to facilitate a coaching change and that's not going to happen unless there is a principal change and we all know that's never happening so our big whole in the ground is turning into a big mud puddle. As for the county their more concerned about getting the Muslim curriculum distributed ...

It's always interesting when it comes to donors in this county. One of the biggest Oakland donors is a Riverdale hall of famer. That's why they got their new facility and scoreboard. All we have is a whole in the ground and a couple of life long supporters who seem to be holding their check books back using their leverage to facilitate a coaching change and that's not going to happen unless there is a principal change and we all know that's never happening so our big whole in the ground is turning into a big mud puddle. As for the county their more concerned about getting the Muslim curriculum distributed ...

Scoreboard was John Jones baby, but the indoor facility was made possible by the Livingston's. I do think it's wrong to justify withholding giving money to the program because they are upset with the powers that be. Oakland has had plenty years where they were bad but its never affected the amount if money I give to the program

That is also a derivative of people making decisions on what is needed in not, who know nothing about the game. All monies now going into a central account that the school leaders have control over is an accident waiting to happen. You are certainly right about fundraising and donations but who will be the first to cross that line?

That is also a derivative of people making decisions on what is needed in not, who know nothing about the game. All monies now going into a central account that the school leaders have control over is an accident waiting to happen. You are certainly right about fundraising and donations but who will be the first to cross that line?

IMO, nothing really changes if your in a position like Oakland and have a principal that places a really high priority on football. I really don't think the county will do anything unless they catch a booster club/program using funds to try to recruit.

If anyone does get caught, lets hope they make it worthwhile and not get caught paying for beer