Lebanon at Antioch

hardtackle

The telling sign about this year's Bears program is the number of penalties. It's sometimes a sign of poor coaching or a lack of discipline usually do to poor fundamentals. hate to see it in such bad shape.

Antioch is a shame. Pre game music was very disgusting. Numerous references to violence and sex. Language was vulgar. Nothing was done to stop this. When game started Antioch had less than 50 people in bleachers. As for coaching, decision was made to hire a minority as soon as Peden was let go.There were many applicants, even former head man, Mike Woodward applied, but was not even interviewed. Antioch chose to hire a coach fired at Ezell Harding. If Antioch stays this way, program will not change and neither will football success.

Antioch is a shame. Pre game music was very disgusting. Numerous references to violence and sex. Language was vulgar. Nothing was done to stop this. When game started Antioch had less than 50 people in bleachers. As for coaching, decision was made to hire a minority as soon as Peden was let go.There were many applicants, even former head man, Mike Woodward applied, but was not even interviewed. Antioch chose to hire a coach fired at Ezell Harding. If Antioch stays this way, program will not change and neither will football success.

Riverdale fans think they have problems!

Edited by hardtackle

Its amazing how the fraternity of Metro coaches has an issue with the hires.  Be happy there is a coach now.  Lets quit beating around the bush.  The hire fits the demographics of the school.  A African American male will lead the highest profile sport in the school. If I am not mistaken, is this not the 1st African American head football coach in the history of the school?  What will happen is, there will be an influx of players to play, because they can relate to the coach.  The principal made the hire she wanted, and after seeing and hearing how no one wanted to play because of the coaches.  Hall will do a good job.  Did he fit in at Ezell-Harding. No.  Why, because of who he is. It is not about X's and O's a lot of times, but the support you get.  He will have plenty of support at Antioch, because a lot of the coaches there are African American. You all think you know football so well. Ha 

Well Gents, I will be the first to eat crow right now.  I have observed this team through the season, and they are just bad.  From the coaches to the players.  In this latest loss, as in most of their losses, they quit in the 2nd half.  A mistake here, snowballed into whatever.  Honestly, a coach is only as good as his assistants, and this coach's assistants are not that good.  I was watching as the DC hollered and screamed at the defense, whoever is calling the offense seems to think they are playing Madden.  The starting QB is not very good, the backup seems to be the better player but apparently is not getting any reps or guidance at reading defenses.  The running game is non-existent, which would open up the pass.  If anything, Antioch could always run the ball.  They had a kid, #22, that seemed to have some speed, but Lebanon's D keyed on him and he became a non-factor.  The big kid is not a RB.  Defensively, there is no speed in the secondary, LB can not read.  They do have 2 good DE's.  But if this cycle continues, these kids will not be there long.  Well at least they get a trip to Memphis out of this season.  Maybe next year will be better.

Well Gents, I will be the first to eat crow right now.  I have observed this team through the season, and they are just bad.  From the coaches to the players.  In this latest loss, as in most of their losses, they quit in the 2nd half.  A mistake here, snowballed into whatever.  Honestly, a coach is only as good as his assistants, and this coach's assistants are not that good.  I was watching as the DC hollered and screamed at the defense, whoever is calling the offense seems to think they are playing Madden.  The starting QB is not very good, the backup seems to be the better player but apparently is not getting any reps or guidance at reading defenses.  The running game is non-existent, which would open up the pass.  If anything, Antioch could always run the ball.  They had a kid, #22, that seemed to have some speed, but Lebanon's D keyed on him and he became a non-factor.  The big kid is not a RB.  Defensively, there is no speed in the secondary, LB can not read.  They do have 2 good DE's.  But if this cycle continues, these kids will not be there long.  Well at least they get a trip to Memphis out of this season.  Maybe next year will be better.

Thanks for posting about run the ball. runtheball  thanks you.

Edited by runtheball

I'm sorry for the arrogance I'm about to illustrate. My friend it appears you woke up expecting to be back in the 1970's. No the stadium does not want to hear Bob Seger to get pumped up, its a new generation where most kids nowadays like rap/hip-hop. As far as kids having to hear that in the stands..... Let's be real, young parents love to be overprotective "all American" style parents. YOUR KIDS will hear explicit language in school, in the mall, in the grocery store etc! So please consider sticking to football talk, and not politics on this forum.

I'm sorry for the arrogance I'm about to illustrate. My friend it appears you woke up expecting to be back in the 1970's. No the stadium does not want to hear Bob Seger to get pumped up, its a new generation where most kids nowadays like rap/hip-hop. As far as kids having to hear that in the stands..... Let's be real, young parents love to be overprotective "all American" style parents. YOUR KIDS will hear explicit language in school, in the mall, in the grocery store etc! So please consider sticking to football talk, and not politics on this forum.

so it is okay in your mind to hear a song about popping a cap in someone's ####. A song about a man hitting a woman's #### is okay? Also hearing a song with Mother F????? is alright. And this is music to inspire young men and fans for a football game.I do not mind modern music,but it can be decent. That is why they have headphones, so you can listen to that crap and I do not have to. Try playing that crap at MJ. Think Mr. Brown would allow that? Your right ,kids hear enough , bad enough adults allowed this crap to be played over the PA system in a public forum. Also I have many post about best stadium, best fans, best concessions, and even best band.   As for you, keep your head phones on please.

Edited by fb247

so it is okay in your mind to hear a song about popping a cap in someone's ####. A song about a man hitting a woman's #### is okay? Also hearing a song with Mother F????? is alright. And this is music to inspire young men and fans for a football game.I do not mind modern music,but it can be decent. That is why they have headphones, so you can listen to that crap and I do not have to. Try playing that crap at MJ. Think Mr. Brown would allow that? Your right ,kids hear enough , bad enough adults allowed this crap to be played over the PA system in a public forum. Also I have many post about best stadium, best fans, best concessions, and even best band. As for you, keep your head phones on please.

It's a culture you have to accept! Like it or not it's here to stay!!!! In your perfect conservative world it wouldn't exist.... But too bad for you.

I've been around Antioch as a kid and as an adult .My how it's changed .It could still be a good metro school and still could be competitive in sports. As far as the atmosphere, music, etc. What a child hears on the streets, grocery store, home, etc is what it is. But a school should regulate what is played at school events. You have to remember there are families with little kids at some of these games. Not exactly the type of thing you want a little one hearing at a school function .