Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

With the season they've had, can you blame him?

I won't say anything on a public forum, but there are some issues with our program as well.   I'm just poking these DB guys but we Boonies really do feel their pain, in some ways we are having parallel seasons, except of course DB is way better even in an off year.....

What you're confused about is what thread you should be posting on. You need to stay on the Daniel Boone thread and discuss getting your brains beat out every Friday night. Last time I checked Boone hasn't won a game yet. Maybe you guys should of put Rye Cove on the schedule or maybe one of the Middle Schools. 

A really good middle school would embarrass us this year, however Rye Cove is not a bad idea

• 11 months later...

Playing and coaching not to win is ignorant! That's like saying the jv boys are not important and are expendable. Sends a good message to them. And if u saying the qb was a freshman, that kind of explains why he got sacked so many times and had a rough night. Why not play the qb that helped beat us twice last year? U must be correct in saying that they don't coach to win...wonder why the 2 programs seem to be going in different directions?

Different directions? Your program scraped by against Boone a couple weeks ago and got man handled at home by a HVA team DB crushed in the road! Let's wait until the last game of the season to see if you feel the same then!

Different directions? Your program scraped by against Boone a couple weeks ago and got man handled at home by a HVA team DB crushed in the road! Let's wait until the last game of the season to see if you feel the same then!

You are responding to a post from Oct. 13, 2015. Last year at this time, it definitely looked like two programs going in different directions. 4 Straight SH wins over DB. Records over last 3 years - DB 19-15 SH 29-8.

This year seems to be pretty even. We'll see soon enough.

ps 2016

Wm. Blount 37 - DB 28

SH 50 - Wm Blount 21

A lot of key players were out in the WB game, but I guess missing key players only matters if you are Maryville who goes 3 deep at every position! WB matched up well with our weakness, pass defense. I do not feel Bearden and Science are good enough throwing the ball to exploit that weakness, Jeff County might be. With that said Bearden may have benefited from the week off to heal up and prepare while DB comes in extremely banged up from back to back hard fought battles against the two toughest teams in the District Maryville and BC. Several key injuries will be something DB will have to overcome, the next three weeks and sickness to the big man in the middle! I have seen a toughness in this DB team that I have not seen in a long time, so I guess we just need to line em up and see who has the most fight!