Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

I'm confused, I thought Kingsport couldn't advance beyond the early playoff rounds and couldn't beat the teams west of Mo-town, because they played cupcakes during the regular season.  I am sure I heard some of you guys state that you needed to play better competition so you'd be ready for the playoffs.  Why are you complaining now? You got your wish, 

I think what the DB faithful are saying is that they have the team to take it to the house, it's the coaches holding them back.

There are plenty that have the 'want to' they just need the 'get to'. It's just easier use a broad brush to say they don't have heart than for the coaches (and I will use that term loosely ) realize they are wasting talent. Shake up the starting roster and see what happens. I guarantee you'll get better effort in a few positions. Maybe it would motivate some of the priveledged favorites to play a little harder and smarter.

good point, too....i didn't mean to be too broad in my stroke; but there is plenty of politics involved as well, I 'll give you that.

Guys I was wrong, it's not the coaches, it's the 4" of water on the field holding them back this time... oh wait, now I'm getting confused....

What you're confused about is what thread you should be posting on. You need to stay on the Daniel Boone thread and discuss getting your brains beat out every Friday night. Last time I checked Boone hasn't won a game yet. Maybe you guys should of put Rye Cove on the schedule or maybe one of the Middle Schools. 

I'm confused, I thought Kingsport couldn't advance beyond the early playoff rounds and couldn't beat the teams west of Mo-town, because they played cupcakes during the regular season.  I am sure I heard some of you guys state that you needed to play better competition so you'd be ready for the playoffs.  Why are you complaining now? You got your wish, 

Looks like you're leaving out the most important part of the story. But I'm sure that was your intention.

There are plenty that have the 'want to' they just need the 'get to'. It's just easier use a broad brush to say they don't have heart than for the coaches (and I will use that term loosely ) realize they are wasting talent. Shake up the starting roster and see what happens. I guarantee you'll get better effort in a few positions. Maybe it would motivate some of the priveledged favorites to play a little harder and smarter.

Don't know the day to day stuff like that now,but yes there will be some politics here and there nomatter what school you look at.My policy on that is ,if you have a kid that's not getting a fair deal,let the kid determine if it's worth the hard work and let him talk to the coaches.If he likes the answer,good enough.If he knows he is getting screwed over and says " No thank you " .Then that's good enough as well.It was good enough for me one time and the apology because they knew it was a fced up deal and was to little and to late.So I'm more then glad to not be a football parent and know that's not going to change.Now,if you have a linebacker,I guarantee you coach Holt will give him a shot if he is a tough and hard nose player.I always liked watching him work with those guys,maybe because I played a little lb myself,but he always has some kids that will get after you on the field.