Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

You need to look a little closer at the past. DB didn't "somewhat hang" with the WOM teams. They dominated the WOM teams. Won the Big East Conference every year but one. Had Riverdale beat in the semi final but for a mistake on a punt, would of beat Red Bank in the semi if they hadn't been playing in 4" of water, and also beat MBA (the nations 16th. ranked team. DB's overall coaching staff was much better in those days. Clark was in his prime and coaching to win and we also had Darrell Watson as DC in those days. The loss of Watson is about 75% of what is wrong at DB today in my opinion. He was great at preparing, making adjustments, and was a very good motivator. All three of those things are non existent at DB today. Clark has never been a motivator.

Sad to see what DB has become. Like Gallatin, they are truly a sleeping giant with the right coaching staff. Only gotten to see them play Oakland once (1998), but came away feeling pretty fortunate that Oakland won. DB was pretty tough to beat from 1998-2004. Hope they can eventually get back to that level

I was with you until "the very same db and dc coaches" If you're talking about Barrett and Salyers we're not living on the same planet. They are absolutely the worst coaches I have ever seen at any level. I'm pretty sure that 90% that has been to a game this year would agree with me.

yep, I said take them and the others, make some adjustments and add a top strength and conditioning coach.SH has made some changes with their S&C and it's paid off.Some DB kids talked about how jacked the Maryville players were, it matters.There have been some great defensive backs at DB.I thought Holt was one over the last few years.Someone had to coach him.Salyers from talking to another coach that I know before DB got him, is a good coach and fine man.I personally thought another coach should have been named dc after coach Watson and it didn't happen.Bottom line is DB has a weak azz team and that falls on coach Clark.If players are quitting or lose the heart for the game, I don't blame the Position coach or coaches that might have their own agenda and I darn sure don't blame the players.Yep, that falls on coach Clark to make changes and be aware. Yes, this is a lot to keep up with and I couldn't do it myself or could most people on coacht.If DB runs the table and wins state, that falls on coach Clark and he would get the praise, but if DB exits in the first or second round it darn sure won't fall on kids that need heart or any one position coach.It falls on the boss and coach Clark is the boss when it comes to DB football.

Guest footballfan100

Preach it Batman! If there continually players quitting, that for sure isn't a good sign. Tell to make the short trip, we'll take them, especially since the last one that transferred is working out like it has been!

100, I'm glad you guys have finally done what SH deserved for years.It makes me sick that my kids and their friends couldn't have a program like I remember DB had when I was a small kid years ago.I hate being the only member of my family that played for a school that can actually win a state title in the playoff era.

Edited by BatmanDB

You need to look a little closer at the past. DB didn't "somewhat hang" with the WOM teams. They dominated the WOM teams. Won the Big East Conference every year but one. Had Riverdale beat in the semi final but for a mistake on a punt, would of beat Red Bank in the semi if they hadn't been playing in 4" of water, and also beat MBA (the nations 16th. ranked team. DB's overall coaching staff was much better in those days. Clark was in his prime and coaching to win and we also had Darrell Watson as DC in those days. The loss of Watson is about 75% of what is wrong at DB today in my opinion. He was great at preparing, making adjustments, and was a very good motivator. All three of those things are non existent at DB today. Clark has never been a motivator. 

Yep those were some good DB teams back then.    I don't remember the Red Bank game but it's amazing that the 4" of water was only on DB's side of the field.

Yep those were some good DB teams back then.    I don't remember the Red Bank game but it's amazing that the 4" of water was only on DB's side of the field.

Right......you don't remember. Red Bank was a bigger grind it out team that year. DB had speed all over the field. Thus the 4" of water taking away the speed advantage. I'm sure you understand.

I'm confused, I thought Kingsport couldn't advance beyond the early playoff rounds and couldn't beat the teams west of Mo-town, because they played cupcakes during the regular season.  I am sure I heard some of you guys state that you needed to play better competition so you'd be ready for the playoffs.  Why are you complaining now? You got your wish, 

you might consider commitment from the kids..you have to have the 'want to'

There are plenty that have the 'want to' they just need the 'get to'. It's just easier use a broad brush to say they don't have heart than for the coaches (and I will use that term loosely ) realize they are wasting talent. Shake up the starting roster and see what happens. I guarantee you'll get better effort in a few positions. Maybe it would motivate some of the priveledged favorites to play a little harder and smarter.

I hope to break lose and come watch the DB/SHHS rematch again this year.  I like sitting low, where you can hear Stacy stomping and cussing.  What I'm really hoping for is a rematch between Stacy and the DB band director.  The ADs should know better than to allow those two swollen heads on the same field.  And meanwhile, across the field, in Mayberry.....