Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

Do not question our coaches. They are the smartest high school coaches around. Have you seen our upper deck. Nobody else has one.

Don't forget about the field house with the natural maroon and gray granite inlay in the entrance. Nobody else has that either. All they forgot to build was a coaching staff. "if you build it, they will win" - new school motto.

Don't forget about the field house with the natural maroon and gray granite inlay in the entrance. Nobody else has that either. All they forgot to build was a coaching staff. "if you build it, they will win" - new school motto.

70, that was priceless    :)

Back to this game...     Looking @ common opponents:

Bradley Central:   Bearden won 28-27, DB lost 42-56    edge: Bearden

Hardin Valley:      Bearden lost 31-41,  DB won 24-22   edge: DB

Maryville:             Bearden lost 0-41,    DB lost 10-49    edge: Maryville

William Blount:    Bearden won 44-34,  DB won 41-14   edge: DB slightly

This may be a pretty close game, but since it's @ the Fred we have to give the edge to DB.

The only complaint I really had was no 25 seconds clock. Other than that it was nicer than some colleges I've been to.

The only complaint I really had was no 25 seconds clock. Other than that it was nicer than some colleges I've been to.

It is being rumored that Daniel Boone HS will be getting a jumbo-tron next season.     It's really just an iPad mounted on top of the concession stand, but if all the fans bring binoculars it's pretty much the same as a real jumbo-tron

There have been some grumblings amongst the DB faithful about a coaching change in Kingsport, mostly wishful thinking.     Don't know if this would work, but according to the 2nd paragraph from the bottom this guy might be available to coach high school.     Head coach?    I don't know, maybe he could be one of GC's assistants:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/10/13/south-carolina-steve-spurrier-resigns-quits-retires

70, that was priceless    :)

Back to this game...     Looking @ common opponents:

Bradley Central:   Bearden won 28-27, DB lost 42-56    edge: Bearden

Hardin Valley:      Bearden lost 31-41,  DB won 24-22   edge: DB

Maryville:             Bearden lost 0-41,    DB lost 10-49    edge: Maryville

William Blount:    Bearden won 44-34,  DB won 41-14   edge: DB slightly

This may be a pretty close game, but since it's @ the Fred we have to give the edge to DB.

It's pure myth that DB has ever held a home field advantage. The worst games I have seen them play has been right there in J. Fred. Think about it.

There have been some grumblings amongst the DB faithful about a coaching change in Kingsport, mostly wishful thinking. Don't know if this would work, but according to the 2nd paragraph from the bottom this guy might be available to coach high school. Head coach? I don't know, maybe he could be one of GC's assistants:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/10/13/south-carolina-steve-spurrier-resigns-quits-retires

it would be a match made due south of heaven unless he got the AD job as well and full control to start with our peewee system right on up.I doubt he would care who's feelings he hurt.Anyway, it's time for the old coach to retire and golf.He knows he isn't getting the job done now at South Carolina and it's time to move on.It takes a big man to realize when that time has come.