Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden

WaCoJaCo

it would be a match made due south of heaven unless he got the AD job as well and full control to start with our peewee system right on up.I doubt he would care who's feelings he hurt.Anyway, it's time for the old coach to retire and golf.He knows he isn't getting the job done now at South Carolina and it's time to move on.It takes a big man to realize when that time has come.

Oh man, for a split second there I thought you were talking about another coach...

It's pure myth that DB has ever held a home field advantage. The worst games I have seen them play has been right there in J. Fred. Think about it.

I do remember one that was very exciting against Bearden. Bearden had a player by the name of Devrin young. Near the end of the game, DB had gone ahead. They kicked to Bearden and made sure they did not kick it to that Young boy. 

What they did not expect was that the up back caught the ball and then turned and lateraled to that Young boy. And that little fellar made a fantastic run and scored a TD! Bearden won!

I said before the season started, or early on at least, that we'd have a 6/4 season. The Caped Crusader though that would be awful. I expected losses to Maryville, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, and Science Hill. I stick by the SH prediction. I was wrong about the SC prediction - at least on paper. Felt like a loss. Then came the BC game.

I'm changing the prediction. DB will end it 5/5. They will lose to Bearden in a close one. Considering talent alone, should have been 9/1.

So. Go Band. Win Tournament of Champions Saturday.

I said before the season started, or early on at least, that we'd have a 6/4 season. The Caped Crusader though that would be awful. I expected losses to Maryville, Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, and Science Hill. I stick by the SH prediction. I was wrong about the SC prediction - at least on paper. Felt like a loss. Then came the BC game.

I'm changing the prediction. DB will end it 5/5. They will lose to Bearden in a close one. Considering talent alone, should have been 9/1.

So. Go Band. Win Tournament of Champions Saturday.

I also stick to my prediction, if they finish 6-4 it will be awful.You would have probably been right on SC had the D-lineman not got hurt for them.HV was a toss up as well.In other words, it could have been extremely awful.I still think they beat Bearden and JC for gods sake.

I also stick to my prediction, if they finish 6-4 it will be awful.You would have probably been right on SC had the D-lineman not got hurt for them.HV was a toss up as well.In other words, it could have been extremely awful.I still think they beat Bearden and JC for gods sake.

I hope you're right.

By "JC" did you mean Jefferson County or Johnson City?

I'm taking DB in this one. DB lost a tight one to OR and both beat SC like a drum. BeardenBulldog has pointed out that OR and MoWest and Farragut are the cream of the crop for 5A in the east this year. SC and West are outsiders looking in. Farragut beat OR like a mule. West lost to SC but beat Farragut. Wait a minute! Just maybe Bearden stands a chance.

I'm taking DB in this one. DB lost a tight one to OR and both beat SC like a drum. BeardenBulldog has pointed out that OR and MoWest and Farragut are the cream of the crop for 5A in the east this year. SC and West are outsiders looking in. Farragut beat OR like a mule. West lost to SC but beat Farragut. Wait a minute! Just maybe Bearden stands a chance.

Like a mule?  c'mon now vul.  dropped td, block in the back call (bs) and a late cheap one for Fhs.

Good analysis.    In HS football it doesn't always hold up that if A beats B and B beats C then A will beat C.        Unless of course A = Maryville.