Dekalb vs Upperman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he is. I just read a article from yesterdays paper that said Jennings was our leading rusher with 700 yards on the season thus far. I'd like to see him have two more big games to close out the regular season and finish the year off with atleast 1000 yards rushing. 

Could get a bunch that last game but really why would want to leave him in a game that will be over way early. Could you take a chance in a game like that. We have all seen stuff like that happen. But he could rack up 250 yards playing the entire game. Great player

Could get a bunch that last game but really why would want to leave him in a game that will be over way early. Could you take a chance in a game like that. We have all seen stuff like that happen. But he could rack up 250 yards playing the entire game. Great player

correct, win or lose tonight.....I wouldn't play Jennings more than a quater or maybe half vs Cannon.

Herald-Citizen:Class 3A No. 10 Upperman (6-2, 4-0 Region 4-3A) hosts Class 3A No. 8 DeKalb County (6-2, 4-0 4-3A)

Sound the air raid sirens, these two teams are going to be dropping bombs on Friday night.

Two of the best passing offenses in the Upper Cumberland lock horns in Baxter with a Region 4-3A championship on the line — DCHS clinches with a win, Upperman can clinch at least a share with a win and outright with a victory next week at Sequatchie County.

However, both teams have been known to give up some big plays at times, so it may come down to the team who makes more plays or fewer mistakes

No, Trapp wouldn't leave in Jennings for the purpose of chasing stats. Due to a huge Molander injury a few years ago during a game that we were blowing out the opponent, I do now believe Trapp is smart enough to put in the backups once this game gets out of hand.

Basically our starters playing time should come down to how quickly we can get a big lead and put CC away. Look for Trapp to really go all out in the first quarter of this game. Once we get up 3 TDs I think you'll see the majority of the starters pulled. That's what I'd do atleast. I see no good reason or benefit to play our starters late in this game if were up big ( 3 possessions or more).

If we were to play our starters late in a blowout win, then I'd be really upset. It would just be a really dumb move considering there's atleast one more game to be played. It's not like the CC game will be the very last time our 6 seniors will step on the field. Any bad juju, injuries, etc. would probably be deserved for the coach in that scenario.

Herald-Citizen:Class 3A No. 10 Upperman (6-2, 4-0 Region 4-3A) hosts Class 3A No. 8 DeKalb County (6-2, 4-0 4-3A)

Sound the air raid sirens, these two teams are going to be dropping bombs on Friday night.

Two of the best passing offenses in the Upper Cumberland lock horns in Baxter with a Region 4-3A championship on the line — DCHS clinches with a win, Upperman can clinch at least a share with a win and outright with a victory next week at Sequatchie County.

However, both teams have been known to give up some big plays at times, so it may come down to the team who makes more plays or fewer mistakes

Soon buddy, SOON. As you know though, DC doesn't exactly have a high powered air raid passing attack anymore. We haven't had that since Phillips and companies senior year in 2012. We will still pass a lot and take a few shots downfield, but this just isn't the offense rival fans grew accustomed to.

Back then our offense was explosive. It was built around big plays and scoring quickly. Think of the Oregon and Baylor offenses, but toned down a bit and on the HS level. Now I think the way our offense is, is very similar to UTs, but we pass more whereas UT runs more.

What I mean is we both have a mobile QB that has a lot of QB runs and scrambles. We both show a zone read most of the time, but we usually don't hand it off to the RB when it's a true read with options. Most of our RB runs are straight up the gut an between the tackles. Both teams passing game mainly consists of short to intermediate throws. We try to get the ball to our playmakers in space in hopes of them breaking something open. DC does seem to take more shots deep down field though. I think most people would agree there are a ton of similarities between both offenses.

Anybody coming to the game expecting to see a wide open explosive offense from DC will probably be disappointed unless Upperman has a ton of busted coverage's. DC will play field position and will go for those long 6-7 clock eating drives. We have got to get TDs though and not settle for FGs. Too many times have I seen DC be in scoring range and the drive just stall out so we either kick a FG or go for it on 4th down and fail.

Coach Trapp has got to come out loose and have some fun. Players feed off their coaches. If a coach is loose, then the team will be too.

My official prediction for tonights game: 34-30 Upperman in a absolute thriller that comes down to the last few seconds of the game. I PRAY THAT I'M DEAD WRONG THOUGH. GO TIGERS! 

Edited by DCTIGERFAN