Morristown West at Sevier County (MyVLT game)

This game should be fun. Unstoppable force meets immovable object.

Sevier County has one of the top offenses in the state. West has one of the top defenses in the state.

Sevier County's defense is alright but has its weaknesses. West's offense has gotten better through the year but has also had some weaknesses.

West has never beaten Sevier County since the 2009 reclassification. Smoky Bears have actually won 8 straight over the Trojans (1991-92, 2009-14). West last beat Sevier County in 1982, which was our 11th straight win over them.

How will this game go?

A whole lotta points will be scored I'm sure, but I'm not ready to say West will win by a lot since we haven't beaten them in so long.

Morristown West has the better team, the only question can they get over the Sevier Co. hump. Morristown West has had a hard time stopping Sevier Co. passing the last few years. I think this is the best Defense West has had to put pressure on Sevier Co. offense. I watch Sevier Co. against Morristown East, Their Defense is avg. at best. East ran the ball better then they should have with half of their best players missing the game. Sevier Co. offense looked as good as ever, but Morristown East is so bad on Defense it hard too tell.

I fell Mo-West wins because of the Defense, and I think Sevier will have a hard time stopping West running game. Mo-West 31 Sevier Co. 14

Edited by Morristown48

Morristown West has the better team, the only question can they get over the Sevier Co. hump. Morristown West has had a hard time stopping Sevier Co. passing the last few years. I think this is the best Defense West has had to put pressure on Sevier Co. offense. I watch Sevier Co. against Morristown East, Their Defense is avg. at best. East ran the ball better then they should have with half of their best players missing the game. Sevier Co. offense looked as good as ever, but Morristown East is so bad on Defense it hard too tell.

I fell Mo-West wins because of the Defense, and I think Sevier will have a hard time stopping West running game. Mo-West 31 Sevier Co. 14

Sevier's passing attack is second to none in this area. Running game not so much. And their run defense has been lacking for a while now. If we beat them, that's how we'll do it.

Go Trojans!!

Sevier's passing attack is second to none in this area. Running game not so much. And their run defense has been lacking for a while now. If we beat them, that's how we'll do it.

Go Trojans!!

The Vikings had nearly 300 rushing yards in friday night's game despite having no threat of a passing attack whatsoever.  Banks hurt us quite a bit when he came back in the 2nd half.

SC won't be able to stop Delaney. And good running team will give them issues, and I saw West in the scrimmage against us in the summer, and they have a QB who can sling it pretty good also. Put pressure on Wallace and hit him early and often like we did when we played them. He's a tough hombre, but like most any QB if he is pressured he gets rattled. Go West. Personally, if I was SC coach Banks would get a lot more carries. He's a threat to break one every time he touches it. We limited him, except for 1 long run, but if he gets free there isn't anybody who will catch him.

Edited by SweetScience