Fayetteville Tiger football @ Cornersville

Varo

The Tigers stay on the road again this week to take on a struggling Cornersville squad.  Do they continue their winning ways and put distance between them and the other region contenders?  I'm thinking a Tiger win by four TD's.  Let's get it started!

Edited by Varo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers stay on the road again this week to take on a struggling Cornersville squad. Do they continue their winning ways and put distance between them and the other region contenders? I'm thinking a Tiger win by four TD's. Let's get it started!

I been telling ppl that yall have a VERY real shot at making the Semi's!!

Beating South Pitt and CA will do it...IMO

I know that wont be easy but beatinf S.Pitt this yr would be much easier than any yr in the past 10-12 yrs other than last yr. (I mean absolutely no disrespect to the SP program as I love what yall do with limited #s but i think yall would agree)

Good luck to Fayetteville!

It's been very exciting that we have put ourselves in a position to do some damage to established programs in the playoffs.  Obviously there are some major hurdles to have to overcome, the first of which are to take care of business with two region teams wanting to play the spoiler role.  Unfortunately for them, they don't have horses to run against us. Not to say that will always be the case.  Grace Christian has done well for their first year, considering.  We have had some success vs Cornersville in jamborees, but everyone knows those are pretty much glorified scrimmages.  Since there are no Cornersville posters on here, this has been a very quiet thread.  Either they are resigned to the inevitable butt whoopin' that's coming, or maybe the internet doesn't work in that little corner of the world.  Either way, the goal is to get ahead early, take them out of whatever game plan they have, and rest the starters for two quarters.  I heard they like to throw the ball, so maybe we repeat what we did to Summertown and keep their quarterback scrambling for his health.  That was the first game our boys got the green light to hunt in the backfield, and they collected some scalps. 

It is always sad when a home team loses on their homecoming night, but I guess Cornersville will learn not to schedule our little team for that game next year. 

To your first point; Yes their is internet in cornersville.  Most folks with any sense don't run their mouths when having a down year with a bunch of freshman.  

To the second point; Where in this crazy schedule would you have had homecoming?

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule.cfm?schoolid=94&sportid=1

Last week against CA? Or should it have been week 3 before the 5 week road trip/bye? No good choices, they had to choose the least bad one.  

To your first point; Yes their is internet in cornersville. Most folks with any sense don't run their mouths when having a down year with a bunch of freshman.

To the second point; Where in this crazy schedule would you have had homecoming?

Last week against CA? Or should it have been week 3 before the 5 week road trip/bye? No good choices, they had to choose the least bad one.

Call me "senseless" then....

I wouldn't care if mTp was 0-8 right now I would still be on the T starting threads for them and talking mTp football.

Talking about the program and games, offering constructive input/criticisms, and generally showing the team one cares to follow them win or lose. That they (program & boys) have fan's support in the bad times just as well during the good times.

Only the 'Johnny come lately - bandwagon riders' look foolish and insincere to me....

Talking about, win or lose, and supporting one's Alma mater is not necessarily "running their mouths".... Rather simply being a 'True' supporter and not just a 'bandwagon rider'.

To your first point; Yes their is internet in cornersville.  Most folks with any sense don't run their mouths when having a down year with a bunch of freshman.  

Call me "senseless" then....

I wouldn't care if mTp was 0-8 right now I would still be on the T starting threads for them and talking mTp football.

Talking about the program and games, offering constructive input/criticisms, and generally showing the team one cares to follow them win or lose. That they (program & boys) have fan's support in the bad times just as well during the good times.

Only the 'Johnny come lately - bandwagon riders' look foolish and insincere to me....

Talking about, win or lose, and supporting one's Alma mater is not necessarily "running their mouths".... Rather simply being a 'True' supporter and not just a 'bandwagon rider'.

I've been trying to respond to Fanman since yesterday. I talked trash about C'ville's internet service and it boomeranged on me.  After three tries, and three re-writes, I screen shot my reply to have just in case. Here's what I said:

"Finally! There is life off of I-65.  Yes, you are right Fanman14, you take what you can get, so Homecoming patsy or not, you do the best with the hand dealt. But as for having the sense not to run your mouth during a down year, surely you are not the only one.  Most of the enjoyment of message boards like this is that you can run your mouth and talk about your school and your football program.  No one else will do it for you, and if you're loaded with freshmen, then so be it.  They will be much better in the next few years.  Talk about it!  I am in the catbird seat because everything is going our way so far this year;  last year was garbage and best left in the past.  We are focused and motivated, next year, who knows?".

Bigby, you must have read my mind with your reply, and answered for me.  Paleface speaks truth.

Edited by Varo