Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

Dadtimesfive Coacht used to be for coaches and passing on information, when I joined mant years ago. now it has turned more into a site for people to hide behind screen names, bash coaches, question their character etc. However I respect the fact you came on here and stated your point without resorting to personal attacks or questioning character motives etc. Again I pretty much Knew the answer to the questions when I asked but honestly was curious how the Bobcat faithful felt about the situation. No hard feelings on my end so this is all I have to say bout the situation and dadtimesfive if I ever get time to host a card game I'll give you a shout!!

See BobKat you don't know as much as you like to think you do. First off, I know for a fact that 8th graders were not bused over to workout while Walt was HC.Second As far as what is going on at Giles I was asked by someone at a scrimmage recently about the rumor and also have had a few text from area coaches asking if I have heard anything so don't let it be ASSUMED that it was former staff members that are feeding that info! As a result I just asked the question? I knew in asking I would probably hear from the minions and catch some heat no big deal but don't like personal attacks. My daddy taught me if you gonna question a man's character be man enough to look him in the eye and do it. As for GC I wish nothing but the best for the KIDS playing at GC alot of good quality young men there. As far as the former coaches you like to bash, I know again for a FACT you have no clue. All this didn't practice past 5:00, didn't work hard garbage is all nonsense. Here is some examples The football players had workouts 4 days a week during Off-season, Walt held speed school two nights a week from January till April, practices ran from 3:15 till at least 5:45-6:00 with exception of Thursdays during season. Summer workouts were 3 days a week in June for two hours each day an hour of lifting and hour of conditioning with players having two sessions they could attend so coaches were actually there 4 hours each of those days. They went to Multiple July 7 on 7s including overnight trips to Alcoa and Maryville College. Throw in the Sunday film sessions with the players starting at 2 pm then coaches film and game plan that ran from 4:00-4:30 on Sundays until they were done which typically was 7:00-7:30 as well. So to say those guys didnt give up time and work is a straight up lie.Those guys you like to bash are great men of character who are also great coaches who cared about winning but also doing things the right way. Funny how all those folks complain about Walt and his short practices. Gary Rankin once said if you keep kids out on the practice field more than 2 1/2 hours you are spinning your wheels and wasting time. Also know another coach who has coached in 8 state title games who does not believe in ever practicing longer than 2 hours. He said It is not about the time you are out there it is how you spend your time.Everyone has their own philosophy. It just difficult for me to understand how you knew so much about Walt's staff, their inner workings, and what they were doing not doing but yet don't know what is going on with OC and staff? Oh well lol

See BobKat you don't know as much as you like to think you do. First off, I know for a fact that 8th graders were not bused over to workout while Walt was HC.Second As far as what is going on at Giles I was asked by someone at a scrimmage recently about the rumor and also have had a few text from area coaches asking if I have heard anything so don't let it be ASSUMED that it was former staff members that are feeding that info! As a result I just asked the question? I knew in asking I would probably hear from the minions and catch some heat no big deal but don't like personal attacks. My daddy taught me if you gonna question a man's character be man enough to look him in the eye and do it. As for GC I wish nothing but the best for the KIDS playing at GC alot of good quality young men there. As far as the former coaches you like to bash, I know again for a FACT you have no clue. All this didn't practice past 5:00, didn't work hard garbage is all nonsense. Here is some examples The football players had workouts 4 days a week during Off-season, Walt held speed school two nights a week from January till April, practices ran from 3:15 till at least 5:45-6:00 with exception of Thursdays during season. Summer workouts were 3 days a week in June for two hours each day an hour of lifting and hour of conditioning with players having two sessions they could attend so coaches were actually there 4 hours each of those days. They went to Multiple July 7 on 7s including overnight trips to Alcoa and Maryville College. Throw in the Sunday film sessions with the players starting at 2 pm then coaches film and game plan that ran from 4:00-4:30 on Sundays until they were done which typically was 7:00-7:30 as well. So to say those guys didnt give up time and work is a straight up lie.Those guys you like to bash are great men of character who are also great coaches who cared about winning but also doing things the right way. Funny how all those folks complain about Walt and his short practices. Gary Rankin once said if you keep kids out on the practice field more than 2 1/2 hours you are spinning your wheels and wasting time. Also know another coach who has coached in 8 state title games who does not believe in ever practicing longer than 2 hours. He said It is not about the time you are out there it is how you spend your time.Everyone has their own philosophy. It just difficult for me to understand how you knew so much about Walt's staff, their inner workings, and what they were doing not doing but yet don't know what is going on with OC and staff? Oh well lol

:roflolk: Come on man!! :roflol:

Edited by Catfan68

After the 2012 season, O’Connor resigned to take the Buckhorn (AL) job and Walt Smith was hired and had to deal with the two years probation which included a $1,000 dollar fine, no 7 on 7 activities and no weight training and conditioning in 2013 as well as a reduction in fall and spring scrimmages in both 2013 and 2014, as well as no jamboree in 2014.And now we know the truth as to why Walt Smith struggled so bad...he had to pay the price for OC misdeeds before Walt even got there. GC gave Walt a raw deal in ignoring that fact. Sad reality for Giles County......

Exactly and Marshall County is right there with them. It will not be long before the TSSAA is forced to put real sanctions on these 2 programs. From what I am hearing there is more to come on MC. These 2 rogue coaches have no since of fair play and do what ever it takes to get an upper hand. What makes matters worse is that many of the supporters of these programs are ok with it.

Exactly and Marshall County is right there with them. It will not be long before the TSSAA is forced to put real sanctions on these 2 programs. From what I am hearing there is more to come on MC. These 2 rogue coaches have no since of fair play and do what ever it takes to get an upper hand. What makes matters worse is that many of the supporters of these programs are ok with it.

Are you two knuckle draggers still on here whining about Giles County? When I left here 6 months ago you two were whining. Whine about Vanderbilt, now thats something to whine about!! Have you tried a pet maybe? Come on Man!!! Adios boys! I am officially retiring from coach t, Go Bobcats!! Forever fan!!

Are you two knuckle draggers still on here whining about Giles County? When I left here 6 months ago you two were whining. Whine about Vanderbilt, now thats something to whine about!! Have you tried a pet maybe? Come on Man!!! Adios boys! I am officially retiring from coach t, Go Bobcats!! Forever fan!!

Awesome!! 1 less blind uneducated moron's post that we have to filter through.

What did the Giles faithful expect? Once a cheater always a cheater, and he'll continue to be as long as the TSSAA slaps him on the risk.

I completely agree. Problem is the Giles faithful do not care as long as he wins!! Reputation already tainted and they could care less Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

GO BOBCATS!

Wow, can't believe we're up to page 49.  As a parent, I'm thankful OC and Big Joe, are back.  Key term here is parent.  Most can agree with me when I say;  any parent only wants the best for their kids.  Well, my kids play football, and I have watched, as have many other parents have, Coach OC and Coach Joe work tireless hours, hours most of us would not do, for our kids.  They are not teaching them cheating, they are teaching them how to be hard workers, leaders, and most of all Winners! Say what you want, but at the end of the day, when the dust has settled being on the winning team is so much more fun, then being on the losing team.

Not too mention scholarships.  Going to college cost a lot more now, then it did.  Coach OC and staff work hard to get our kids noticed by colleges.  Can someone tell me how many scholarships were handed out to Giles County Football players over the past 3 years, under Smith, then compare that to the number of scholarships Coach OC has helped our kids get.

To claim someone is cheating when they are working to better themselves, is really a double negative, in my book.  I guess the key term being "working" and what this boils down to is when they are hating on OC and staff for helping our kids work to improve themselves.  Most inner city school athletes have the chance to pay for special coaching infrastructures. OC and his staff provide for free.  They understand what it takes to have a winning program.  "WORK"  So, the more pages I see, and the more hate post I read, means OC and staff are working our kids hard. They are showing them the key to success or WINNING is "WORK HARD" Haters gonna hate, cause it's easier to hate, then to get out and WORK.

3 years ago, teams were complaining about having to play Giles County as a conference game.(To me that is just too funny!)  They didn't think it was fair.  Keep digging, trying to find excuses, but the only difference in the last 3 years teams and others, is WORK!  Same athletes, same kids, all born and raised in Giles County.   A great leader knows how to bring the best out of everyone!

GO BOBCATS!   THE BRICKYARD WILL BE ROCKIN', NOW!

Edited by aintskeered

What did the Giles faithful expect? Once a cheater always a cheater, and he'll continue to be as long as the TSSAA slaps him on the risk.

What Giles just got "caught" doing is already taking place at more places than you pretend to believe. If the middle school coach is present then the 8th graders can lift at the high school facility. They just can't lift with the high school students and be directed by someone other than the middle school coach. That's why a lot of high school staffs include the head middle school coach.