Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

David O'Connor is a great football coach and will do great things again at Giles County.  I remember watching the Jackie Smith and the Tim Johnson Giles teams prior to him being named coach in 2006.  They were terrible and could barely line up let alone run a play.  That first year under O'Connor in 2006 when they had Dunnavant, Edgmon, Cobb, Dangerfield, etc. I went down to Pulaski that fall and watched them scrimmage a loaded Tullahoma team.  After that scrimmage I remember coming back saying "the next four years is going to be between Giles and Lipscomb" and wouldn't you know it they wound up playing three times in the quarterfinals of the playoffs over those next four years.  The fourth year, 2009, Giles won the state title with Bo Wallace & Co.  Here we sit 10 years later and O'Connor is returning to Giles County.  I wouldn't expect anything less than for him to produce an encore performance.  There will always be enough talent down there to win big year in and year out. 

David O'Connor is a great football coach and will do great things again at Giles County. I remember watching the Jackie Smith and the Tim Johnson Giles teams prior to him being named coach in 2006. They were terrible and could barely line up let alone run a play. That first year under O'Connor in 2006 when they had Dunnavant, Edgmon, Cobb, Dangerfield, etc. I went down to Pulaski that fall and watched them scrimmage a loaded Tullahoma team. After that scrimmage I remember coming back saying "the next four years is going to be between Giles and Lipscomb" and wouldn't you know it they wound up playing three times in the quarterfinals of the playoffs over those next four years. The fourth year, 2009, Giles won the state title with Bo Wallace & Co. Here we sit 10 years later and O'Connor is returning to Giles County. I wouldn't expect anything less than for him to produce an encore performance. There will always be enough talent down there to win big year in and year out.

I agree but will he do it within the rules?

Congratulations Bobcats on the re-hire. I expect you guys to be in contention for the region straight out of the gate.

I also suspect my jackets will be back in the region/district with you at the next reclassification. Can't wait for that! Good luck until then. ;)

Was talking to a coach and he said the word is that the TSSAA is leaning towards pulling out those privates and putting all publics into 5 classes instead of 6. What would that do to this region

Was talking to a coach and he said the word is that the TSSAA is leaning towards pulling out those privates and putting all publics into 5 classes instead of 6. What would that do to this region

I think it will resemble district 12aa from a few years ago minus Lewis and Hickman County.

Hmmm...well ravenwood is looking for a coach as well as centennial. Seems the rumor was he wanted the Overton job a few years ago who passed on him...and thus landed at marshall co...

I doubt he would leave for either of those schools right now. His team next year has a chance to be as good as or better than this past year's team. Wouldn't surprise me if some Williamson County schools called him, and I think the job he's done in Lewisburg merits other big schools calling. Still, I doubt he's leaving Lewisburg right now.

Edited by mcfan10

I doubt he would leave for either of those schools right now. His team next year has a chance to be as good as or better than this past year's team. Wouldn't surprise me if some Williamson County schools called him, and I think the job he's done in Lewisburg merits other big schools calling. Still, I doubt he's leaving Lewisburg right now.

Correct, Bryce Wallace throwing to Jay Howard and Tre Crutcher this next season is a dangerous combination to think about, thrown in running back liggett Hightower coming back as junior next season... People that aren't MC followers really don't know how much talent Marshall is working with. Still won't be easy to get back to semis and beat a Fulton, Greenville or Cathloic but I don't see anyone slowing em down in Middle TN.