Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

3 guys I will recommend from West Tennessee

1. Blake Butler (Trinity Christian Academy, Jackson). Butler is in his 5th season as the head coach for TCA. Right now, Butler's record is 36-21. Butler has sent the 2A Lions to the semifinals in 2013. He has also has a player that is a semi-finalist for Mr. Football, that player is Andrew Goldsmith. He also had a player that won Mr. Football and currently plays football at UT-Martin, that guy is Kyle Akin.

2. Shane Jacobs (Trenton Peabody) After spending 3 years as an assistant for the Golden Tide, Jacobs is in his first year as the head coach for the Golden Tide. 9-2 Peabody plays 11-0 Union City this upcoming Friday. Last year, the Tide won the 1A state championship as Jacobs was the Defensive coordinator.

3. Tab Vowell (North Side, Jackson) Coach Vowell is in his 7th season as the head coach for the Indians. Tab's current record is 62-21. Tab resume includes: Two 10-0 seasons, if the Indians beat Lexington on Friday, Tab will reach 10 wins in a season for the 4th time, a semifinals game (Against Jalen Hurd's Beech Bucs) and a quarterfinal game.

All of these three guys are my recommendations, all you have to do is call.

Best Available  : Carson - Eagleville, Great Coach who had some success in a small Rutherford Program and was shockingly dismissed. 

Moos -  Richland, Great Coach with a workmans mindset. Could bring back a successful program to GC if you have the athletes and support you say you do. Will Not Outwork Joe Moos and is a strong character man. 

Osteen - Marshall Co. out athleting people at Marshall Co. and also a high character guy but Marshall and Giles are basically the same as in training facilities which is what matters in winning. So don't see him leaving

Palmer - Fayetteville - will retire at FHS. Its easy for him and he is getting $$.....

Carson, Kriesky, or Jacobs​ would be nice. Moos is a great guy. Tons of respect but that ain't happening. Coach O is not coming back. He'll be at one of the private Christian camps before long. It would be a perfect fit. There are others who will remain unmentioned right now since they are still in the hunt.

I like Jacobs. Defense wins championships. Maryville, Fulton & Trezevant are examples. Alcoa, Henry County, South Pitt & Oakland too among others.The first two dominate because of their D's. Trez has 2 Silver Balls playing up in classification. Their D will get them that Gold this year in 2A.

Giles has a steady supply of athletes. Given a creative coordinator we'll score some points. I'm looking for smash mouth defense & more emphasis on special teams. Stronger & faster with mental toughness + accountability. A defensive man will bring that element. :ph34r:

Why would Jacobs leave Peabody after one season as Head Coach?

Don't know if any of them would leave their current positions. This is like a wish list. What I would like to see is a long term guy. This time Giles needs to get it right. We got the Jimmy & Joes, facilities, administration support + community support. The teams on our schedule are the best I have seen. Hickory House is back open. Elk River fishing is at it's best. The Land of Milk & Honey is a great place to live. :ugeek: â€‹ 

If you want long term wouldn't a Giles county native make the most sense? Coach Blair graduated there. Does he want the job? He also coached with the guy at Forrest right? They might want to work together again. How does the coach from Athens (flipo?) fit in?

Other Giles natives to consider would be the Hickman brothers

If you want long term wouldn't a Giles county native make the most sense? Coach Blair graduated there. Does he want the job? He also coached with the guy at Forrest right? They might want to work together again. How does the coach from Athens (flipo?) fit in?

Other Giles natives to consider would be the Hickman brothers

The Hickman brothers can join up in Richland, but their days at GC are over. 

Best Available : Carson - Eagleville, Great Coach who had some success in a small Rutherford Program and was shockingly dismissed.

Moos - Richland, Great Coach with a workmans mindset. Could bring back a successful program to GC if you have the athletes and support you say you do. Will Not Outwork Joe Moos and is a strong character man.

Osteen - Marshall Co. out athleting people at Marshall Co. and also a high character guy but Marshall and Giles are basically the same as in training facilities which is what matters in winning. So don't see him leaving

Palmer - Fayetteville - will retire at FHS. Its easy for him and he is getting $$.....

Is this Moos or his wife? I'm pretty sure Giles would want to go with a SUCCESSFUL coach.

Wow for you to go right at Coach Moos makes me think you have a issue with the man outside of his record ..... I've seen a lot of GC games in the post OC and company years and it's clear that GC has athletes but they need structure discipline and a coach with work ethic. Moos created OL men at every place he has been and if you know anything about the game OL is by far the toughest spot on the field to coach anywhere. Side note I am a Marshall/Lincoln native so he has had stints at MC and LC and the Offense at both gave the bobcats all they wanted. I'm not saying he is #1 but please remember OC didn't just leave and there is no Gold Ball headed that way in the near future especially w Wallace dressing in blue and white.