Johnson City @ Kingsport

Indian423

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think DB is as bad as advertised on here.  I do think the wheels started coming off a little bit right after the Maryville game when they hit a little adversity that the program isn't used to hitting in the middle of the season.  It has snowballed since.  Science Hill is good, everywhere, not just the perimeter.  DB has the ball players that, if they rally the troops, can make it closer than everybody on here will think, but I'm not so sure that will happen.  DB has no business being 7th in this region.  DB will have to learn how to be ready to compete and rebound after tough losses this season onward.

I don't think DB is as bad as advertised on here.  I do think the wheels started coming off a little bit right after the Maryville game when they hit a little adversity that the program isn't used to hitting in the middle of the season.  It has snowballed since.  Science Hill is good, everywhere, not just the perimeter.  DB has the ball players that, if they rally the troops, can make it closer than everybody on here will think, but I'm not so sure that will happen.  DB has no business being 7th in this region.  DB will have to learn how to be ready to compete and rebound after tough losses this season onward.

I think this is why D-B fan is so upset. They have a lot of the right pieces, they just need to be put in the right places to be successful.

I don't think DB is as bad as advertised on here. I do think the wheels started coming off a little bit right after the Maryville game when they hit a little adversity that the program isn't used to hitting in the middle of the season. It has snowballed since. Science Hill is good, everywhere, not just the perimeter. DB has the ball players that, if they rally the troops, can make it closer than everybody on here will think, but I'm not so sure that will happen. DB has no business being 7th in this region. DB will have to learn how to be ready to compete and rebound after tough losses this season onward.

the wheels started coming off long before this season started. Take the last two times DB played SH.DB could have won the regular season game , then were no match two weeks later.Since then, SH has gotten stronger, DB has had players leave the program, one went to SH for goodness sakes, DB has injuries on top of that .Atleast two coaches have blamed the players or said they have no heart.With all that.DB still has enough talent and enough good coaches to complete this week.I said months ago SH would be the favorite and that was before spring practice, I like being wrong sometimes.

Science Hill is definitely trending in the right direction, while the wheels are totally off the bus @ DB.

On paper Science Hill should win by 25 points, but I think it will be closer than that.

Toppers by 24.

Not sure how losing your last game is trending in the right direction. SH also played a very weak non conference schedule. That being said I think your also wrong about the score. I say Science Hill wins by 35.

Not sure how losing your last game is trending in the right direction. SH also played a very weak non conference schedule. That being said I think your also wrong about the score. I say Science Hill wins by 35.

Ha-ha, Stacy would win by 35 (or more) if possible, but it will be closer, this is a pride game.    And I was kidding about 24 too, let's go with Science Hill 38-28.

Holy Cow. Had to go to the basement to dig this thread up. Not much excitement for this game. Maybe if the two coaching staffs stayed at home and just let the players decide it we would see a good game.

No kidding, this thread should be on page 17 by now.    Are there no Topper fans on coacht anymore?     Have all the DB fans conceded the game to SH already?

TRIVIA:   Assuming this game goes as projected and DB ends up with a 4-6 record, when was the last time DB finished under .500?

HINT:  Before the Carter era, Science Hill spent a lot of time under water, but it has been a while for DB.

I am a little confused about one thing, we hear all the time that playing the local teams like Central and Volunteer does nothing to help the team get ready for post-season.      We hear that playing west of Morristown will make the team better.      We hear that doing weekly beatdowns on locals to the tune of 65-3 does nobody any good.

This year DB has only played one local team and Science Hill has only played two local teams, winning those 3 games by a combined score of 108-35.

So does that mean DB and SH are much better prepared for the playoffs now than in years past when over 50% of the wins were against Tri-cities area teams?