Johnson City @ Kingsport

Indian423

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a post where anyone had disrespected DB or Graham. Everybody has sympathy for Coach Clark and his family because of his loss. That doesn't mean we can't still talk about the game or about the situations with the football program. I can see that everyone has backed off a great deal for the time being. Those things will have to be addressed at some point in the near future.

Waco has a good point. But I think Topper Fan means it's just a bit harder to talk about the game from SH'S perspective. I mean I'm agreeing with Waco.

I have no idea how this game goes. It should be an emotional night.

I think SH bounces back in this game. They have so many weapons on offense BUT they have to give #25 his touches. He is a real difference maker. Bedard seemed a step slow coming off an injury. SH D played hard last week. They made mental mistakes on pass D. They snatched the game away from Bearden then gave it back with a blown assignment.

King Russell is playing but has struggled this year. He doesn't have the speed but he runs hard. He seems to me to want to dance, not run.

For the DB faithful, does Coach Clark come back next year? I feel for him.

I've got D-B at 768-231-28

MHS at 754-215-34

The problem is that these stats have been kept since the beginning of time. DB's stats began when the dinosaurs roamed (what? about 1920?). When did Maryville's begin? DB wins on longevity. It is misleading. I wonder, if DB & M were compared starting with the birth of M program, what would the stats be?

By the game totals, DB has only had a couple more seasons. Probably more like 10 or 15 without doing the research because Maryville has won a crap load of playoff games .There is no comparison in our state to Maryville but DB has won a lot of games over the last around a hundred years and has a great tradition

I've got D-B at 768-231-28

MHS at 754-215-34

Looks like Maryville will take the lead in all time wins by next year. Maybe that's a good thing. The blue hairs and high hatters in Kingsport will lose the last thing there is to brag about. The newness has worn off the field house, everybody has seen the "upper deck" (ho-hum), Bristol Speedway is going to install the worlds largest outdoor screen that will make DB's look like  smart phone, everybody has turf now. So there's nothing left for them to brag about. No more smoke and mirrors. Their meddling in the football program has now proven to be a disaster. Time to clean house starting at the top.

Waco has a good point. But I think Topper Fan means it's just a bit harder to talk about the game from SH'S perspective. I mean I'm agreeing with Waco.

I have no idea how this game goes. It should be an emotional night.

I think SH bounces back in this game. They have so many weapons on offense BUT they have to give #25 his touches. He is a real difference maker. Bedard seemed a step slow coming off an injury. SH D played hard last week. They made mental mistakes on pass D. They snatched the game away from Bearden then gave it back with a blown assignment.

King Russell is playing but has struggled this year. He doesn't have the speed but he runs hard. He seems to me to want to dance, not run.

For the DB faithful, does Coach Clark come back next year? I feel for him.

I would be very surprised if Clark doesn't come back next year. It's been rumored for the past 6-8 years that he's retiring. I don't really think his coaching ability is the problem. I'm not sure who is responsible for the hiring of ast. coaches, who has the most pull. I have never been behind those closed doors or even seen who is behind them. If it is Clark or whoever, they have done a terrible job. I have been told that there is a lot of meddling there. If you notice the program starting declining at about the same time we lost Darrell Watson. As for the game Friday night I see it going down about the same as the last game last year. I bet if they took a secret vote to see if they wanted to play in the playoff game they would vote no. Their just over it.

I would be very surprised if Clark doesn't come back next year. It's been rumored for the past 6-8 years that he's retiring. I don't really think his coaching ability is the problem. I'm not sure who is responsible for the hiring of ast. coaches, who has the most pull. I have never been behind those closed doors or even seen who is behind them. If it is Clark or whoever, they have done a terrible job. I have been told that there is a lot of meddling there. If you notice the program starting declining at about the same time we lost Darrell Watson. As for the game Friday night I see it going down about the same as the last game last year. I bet if they took a secret vote to see if they wanted to play in the playoff game they would vote no. Their just over it.

You are right on about Catfish. I remember watching opposing teams take the opening drive and score. I'd think, Okay... A shootout. But after that... He would shut them down. The man had a passion for football and was a team player.

If Watson were around no one would quit.

Edited by TicketToRide

You are right on about Catfish. I remember watching opposing teams take the opening drive and score. I'd think, Okay... A shootout. But after that... He would shut them down. The man had a passion for football and was a team player.

If Watson were around no one would quit.

coach was a good man .He deserved way better then he got with some parts of his life going way back.He was a man that you wanted your kid to be around as a coach or even in drivers ed, just a great mentor that knew how to talk to young men.

The problem is that these stats have been kept since the beginning of time. DB's stats began when the dinosaurs roamed (what? about 1920?). When did Maryville's begin? DB wins on longevity. It is misleading. I wonder, if DB & M were compared starting with the birth of M program, what would the stats be?

Maryville's start in 1926. They were 7-1-2

Dobyns-Bennett's start in 1921. They were 2-7-1