Maryville's baby brother vs. CAK

Govolsknox

Warriors2011, I would be interested in your thoughts on each of the issues you brought up. You always seem to have very good insight and opinions.

I know I'm new to observing the team but it's my opinion that 5, 9, and 78 are all going to be big time players, but none were quite ready for a game of that magnitude. Next year, all will play pivotal roles in the Warrior success.

I know I'm new to observing the team but it's my opinion that 5, 9, and 78 are all going to be big time players, but none were quite ready for a game of that magnitude. Next year, all will play pivotal roles in the Warrior success.

Well said, and I know I really enjoy your posts, opinions, and insights. Very glad to have you on the T.

YOU used the word "cheater" to describe Alcoa and CAK's programs. That is a serious accusation. It does not imply one who takes advantage of rules that may be in their favor, it simply calls someone a "cheater." (Your word). When you have something specifically to back up that word, "cheater" I'll be glad to carry on a discussion with you. My humble advice is not to throw around words like "cheater" when what you really mean is that you believe a particular group has an advantage that you don't have. Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

I tried. I really did. Best of luck to you.

and the Bible calls that "Envy".

Who was the CAK player that took the hit in the second hAlf on Hudl play 88 Kickoff receiving team? Is he ok?? Scary situation , looked like he ducked his head just at Impact while lead blocking.......

Can you provide a link? I'm not sure how to access Hudl play 88....

As far as I know, the only significant injury for CAK was the safety who had what seemed to my untrained "ear" to be a very significant concussion, based on what I heard from a family member.

Alcoa made great ajustments on the Offenve side of the ball At half. While they had the big lead, the Cak defensive front was getting good push. The second half alcoa ran outside the tackles. Also this freshman has a great arm and i think he adds another level of threat moving on. Alcoa's line and backers were awesome for a 3A school! I think Alcoa would beat Fulton this year. Really impressed by freshman #9 for alcoa, that little DB had great coverage skills and beautiful form tackling. I wish Alcoa would play some of the D line on Oline, maybe they are but that Oline was getting beat? Cak i don't think gets by Betsy this year, too many injuries and not enough big bodies on the Oline. The qb was in punt formation for the whole game and still getting killed. Guess we will see a CPA Tornado rematch soon to come.

Edited by gunslinger150

A certain Player for CAK is one of the least classy kids I've ever seen play. I know this won't sit well with some but it's true

Yes, pretty sure I know who you are referring to and I agree with you. I have seen them play 3 times this year and he has been an embarrassment to the program every game that I have seen. Hopefully UT coaches will change that next year. I did notice that he was on the bench the last quarter or so too.  

9 & 78 have played some meaningful reps in challenging games this year on both sides of the ball and, from what I can tell as a non-expert, have both played quite well. To respond to AM's question/post, those two players have considerably more playing time this year, esp. on offense, than some of the guys who did play on O last night.

So with all due respect, I can't buy the "game of that magnitude" explanation. There was a freshman in at WR on the first play of the game last night who hasn't really played varsity all year, and a RB in much of the game who until recently was a defense-only player (and not a full-time player even on D). I don't have a clue why we didn't see 9 or 78 a single play on O, especially given the obvious difficulty several of the OL were having.

GVK's speculation earlier about the cast on 9's hand is not a bad theory, but I watched warm-ups last night and 9 caught everything thrown to him during RB drills and my information is caught everything thrown to him at practice this week even with the cast. 16 played a couple of games earlier this year with what appears to be the same type of soft cast on his hand. So, it's a bit of a head-scratcher to see guys at RB and WR in a game of this magnitude who have to this point played mostly JV or in mop-up duty in varsity games.

Regarding 24, it's my understanding he is going to be OK but did have a concussion and so should probably be expected to miss at least a week, maybe two.

Warriors2011, I would be interested in your thoughts on each of the issues you brought up. You always seem to have very good insight and opinions.

Yes, pretty sure I know who you are referring to and I agree with you. I have seen them play 3 times this year and he has been an embarrassment to the program every game that I have seen. Hopefully UT coaches will change that next year. I did notice that he was on the bench the last quarter or so too.  

You want a player like that in big time football. He will get knocked down his first practice and will learn, but you can't teach players to have that "dawg" He needs to talk less, he has the game. Would love to see him play on that defense with the twins and the rest of those good alcoa Dlineman.