A/AA state tournament

BigG

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big G: tough loss for sure. Tell your girls to keep their heads held high. You had quite the season. Be proud of them. Horrible draw for you all.

Here's my beef: (I am truly sorry if I offend anyone; not my intention)

Lexington had absolutely no business being in the state tournament. I could easily argue that Jackson Christian did not either. I understand they went through winning their districts and getting into the region finals and winning their sub-state game like everyone else. But here is the deal...the state has to figure out a way to get the best 8 teams in the state tournament each year. There are at least two teams I know of from middle Tennessee that are sitting at home watching Lexington get beat mercifully in a state tournament game. It is a waste. I posted back a few weeks ago that whoever came through that sub-state game would get creamed. It is a mockery to soccer that we have 9-2 games in the state tournament. It makes no sense. If you ask the girls for Lexington, I am sure they will tell you that was not fun. One could argue they got the state tournament feeling, but did they? Is getting beat 9-2 getting a state feeling? It is tough to sit back and be ok with. CAK, CPA, Page, Notre Dame (even with their horrible showing), Chatt. Christian, Greeneville= I get it! They are at least top ten teams in the state at the lowest. Jackson Christian= maybe I am ok with it. Lexington= not a chance they should be there.

Feel free to disagree. I am not trying to stir the pot or hurt anyone's feelings. It just seems silly.

Big G: tough loss for sure. Tell your girls to keep their heads held high. You had quite the season. Be proud of them. Horrible draw for you all.

Lexington had absolutely no business being in the state tournament. I could easily argue that Jackson Christian did not either. I understand they went through winning their districts and getting into the region finals and winning their sub-state game like everyone else. But here is the deal...the state has to figure out a way to get the best 8 teams in the state tournament each year. There are at least two teams I know of from middle Tennessee that are sitting at home watching Lexington get beat mercifully in a state tournament game. It is a waste. I posted back a few weeks ago that whoever came through that sub-state game would get creamed. It is a mockery to soccer that we have 9-2 games in the state tournament. It makes no sense. If you ask the girls for Lexington, I am sure they will tell you that was not fun. One could argue they got the state tournament feeling, but did they? Is getting beat 9-2 getting a state feeling? It is tough to sit back and be ok with. CAK, CPA, Page, Notre Dame (even with their horrible showing), Chatt. Christian, Greeneville= I get it! They are at least top ten teams in the state at the lowest. Jackson Christian= maybe I am ok with it. Lexington= not a chance they should be there.

Feel free to disagree. I am not trying to stir the pot or hurt anyone's feelings. It just seems silly.

have to stay away from this one; we just got road graded to a tune of 6.....stumped

Booger will say you just cant hand pick them......district, region and sectional play gives you what you get...and then you have to have the coaches and these wonderful young women put it all together on that day......ND wins regular season and district championships over CCS and CCS beats the team that just plowed thru us.....no way you can see that happening; unless you have been around the game long enough to know that some crazy stuff will go down out there

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Thanks, Boog!  Sorry about the Irish and sorry to see CPA out too!  We are headed out to Murfreesboro this afternoon (1st time in school history) to take on mighty Baylor!!  We'll see what happens and enjoy the ride!!

Good luck...theyre beatable...enjoy it; there is nothing like it....winning 1 or 2 of them will make it better though

Booger just sayin :thumb:

White House and White House Heritage would have had a good showing in the tournament.

i get ripped for not posting with class, but a post was made that said the championship game would be the best public vs. the best private school and that is classy, instead of saying the best teams were playing?

that is the great thing about message boards, some people will post unitl people agree with them and love it when those people post, but get upset when someon posts something they dont agree with and then slam them.

maybe i should have waited a few days to post about the games, to let the ones who lost have some time to simmer down.

Playing the victim card is kinda useless at this point. Folks have you pegged ITT. Its a shame you felt the urge to make that post.

I guess I made a mistake of some on here being able to read what was actually posted.

In my post I said Page was a legit team, capable of winning the state tournament. dont know how that is posting without class? never said their player were not any good, just made a comment about how much better the soccer is at the AAA in their county (Page lost to Independence 6-0, Brentwood 7-0).

for those who didnt see the point of my post, and maybe too upset that their precious team got beat by a public school, here is a small comparsion to what i said.

If you are a talented soccer player say, and you can go to North Carolina and sit for three years as a backup and then maybe have a shot to play as a senior or you can go to Martin Methodist and start as a freshman, some people choose to start as a freshman, nothing wrong with, it is not breaking any laws, but it does happen and by no means is it a slight to anyone.

Greeneville is pretty legit also.

White House and White House Heritage would have had a good showing in the tournament.

Coach you guys had a great run. I feel terrible for KW. I wish she would have been able to play. Maybe she would have made a difference since you out shot CCS 20-5? On the bright side her little sister will be a fun one to watch in goal. Shes easily one of the top two ODP goalies in her age group and has done a great job for us these past several years. Congrats on the great season!

I look forward to seeing you at DCA for our first game next year.